Reporting to the Deputy Director, Human Resources, Recruitment and Training, the Recruitment Consultant engages in full cycle recruiting to build a talent pipeline and partners with Hiring Managers/Program Leaders to provide guidance throughout the hiring process and consulting on their hiring needs. This includes developing and implementing strategies aimed at increasing quality applications and efficiency in recruitment, selection and hiring.
Primary Job Functions:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Consulting and partnering with Hiring Managers/Program Leaders to get a clear view on their hiring needs;
- Define job descriptions and document specification in partnership with Hiring Managers/Program Leaders;
- Create a candidate persona for each open position;
- Provide guidance and develop Hiring and Interview Plans with Hiring Managers;
- Engaging in full lifecycle recruiting by sourcing candidates, screening resumes, conducting interviews, performing reference checks and overseeing the selection process from start to finish;
- Developing and implementing Recruiting Strategies based on Hiring Manager and organizational need;
- Researching and developing a sustainable candidate prospecting strategy to build talent pipeline for current and future vacancies;
- Monitoring applicant tracking system analytics and sharing information on important measurements, including diversity demographics, time-to-fill, sourcing effectiveness, candidate details, and point-in-time filled jobs;
- Proactively recruit for hard-to-fill positions and frequently posted positions;
- Reviewing candidate applications to select qualified candidates to move forward in the application process;
- Providing detailed candidate profile summaries;
- Identifying trends in regional and national cultivation data and using them to adjust strategic plan;
- Researching opportunities for regional/location job postings;
- Producing clear, strong and compelling communications to attract prospects (i.e. job descriptions, emails, social media outreach);
- Assist in the development of hiring manager resources (i.e. Candidate Score Cards, interview questions, training on ATS);
- Develop, coordinate and attend recruiting events to attract talent (i.e. Career Fairs, campus events, SPLC hosted recruiting events);
- Assist in the development of recruitment materials (i.e. career fair handouts, flyers)
- Updating and managing data accuracy in the applicant management database; and
- Managing communication with current and potential candidates.
Education and Related Work Experience -
- At least 5 years of experience in recruiting or similar HR role;
- Demonstrated expertise in recruitment best practices; comfort leading searches at all levels, creatively sourcing candidates and partnering with management to attract strong, diverse talent;
- Proven track record of developing strong relationships with clients; experience working in the nonprofit realm a plus; and
- Technically proficient in a variety of software, to include Microsoft Office products, applicant tracking systems (ATS), HR information systems, and web-based training tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
- Excellent understanding of recruitment processes;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Working knowledge of candidate selection methods;
- Understanding of Employer Branding strategies;
- The ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with unexpected challenges and difficult situations;
- A self-starter with a team-focused attitude, one with excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities;
- Comfort working independently in a fast-paced environment; excellent time management, organizational skills required;
- Takes a detail-oriented approach to work, and possesses excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A flexible approach to work, including committing to occasional travel (25%);
- Commitment to the ideals of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Commitment to fostering an anti-racist work culture and to anti-racist principles and learning.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Due to COVID-19, our offices are currently closed, and staff is working remotely. If the position is filled while our offices remain closed, the new employee will work remotely until the offices reopen. We are not asking newly hired employees to relocate while the offices are closed.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.