Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
2067 Massachusetts Avenue
For over fifty years, TERC has been introducing millions of students throughout the United States to the exciting and rewarding worlds of math and science learning. Led by a group of experienced, forward-thinking math and science professionals, TERC is an independent, research-based organization dedicated to engaging and inspiring all students through stimulating curricula and programs designed to develop the knowledge and skills they need to ask questions, solve problems, and expand their opportunities.
Located in a historic factory building between Porter & Davis Squares, TERC has a great work environment with a casual dress code. We are a relatively small organization but we are tech heavy for our size.
About the Role:
The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, supporting and repairing computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
TERC is an all Mac environment. The successful candidate will be very familiar with Apple’s physical and digital products as well as industry standard computer management practices. This is a full time, onsite support position as part of a combined IT and Facilities department; the role may include some facilities services. The successful candidate will have regular direct interaction with staff via email, chat, phone, and in-person. They will thrive in a team environment, but also be able to tackle small projects on their own.
- Monitor, prioritize , and respond to support requests in IT/Facilities ticketing system
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 level technical support to internal staff and collaborators
- Install and configure desktop computer hardware, software and peripherals using standard procedures
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Monitor and track computer assets; maintain inventory and order equipment as needed
- Contribute to the maintenance of written documentation, including operational/configuration notes and end user documentation
- Translate complicated technical terms into easy-to-understand terms for end-users
- Ensure computers are in compliance with company standards
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Direct experience working with Apple's macOS
- 1 year of professional experience in an enterprise environment supporting macOS and related applications
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience with JAMF
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365/Outlook
TERC is actively seeking to diversify its staff and places a high priority on developing a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
(12) paid holidays; (18) vacation days; (10) days sick leave; (4) personal days; jury duty; (4) days funeral leave; STD; Health Advocate EAP; 403B retirement plan; LTD; Life Insurance; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); FC&C; Maternity Leave; Parental Leave, medical insurance, dental insurance and flexible spending accounts.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required