Details: Good Salary commensurate with experience
NATION SEEKING DIGITAL COMMUNCIATIONS MANAGER
The Nation, America’s leading progressive print and online journal, seeks a Digital Communications Manager (www.thenation.com). Position will have responsibility for overseeing and growing the entirety of both the Nation’s email marketing and social media spaces. The Digital Communications Manager must be proactive, innovative, engaged and be prepared to help each business department consistently produce revenue to meet and exceed aggressive targets.
1. Direct, oversee and implement Nation email strategy. Expand and improve Nation email marketing, editorial and advertising campaigns.
2. Work with advertising clients in developing dedicated email products.
3. Manage user experience testing team for new digital products (liaison with web production to determine what needs to be tested, set deadlines and ensure team is available, write directions, and ensure testing is finished)
4. Engage partnerships to join campaigns with activist groups as a means of mission-driven list growth.
5. Oversee Nation social media spaces, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
6. Collaborate with extended marketing team and manage third party agencies, vendors and influencers to develop and execute integrated social media marketing campaigns.
7. Share real-time insights across departments and work with business and editorial departments to ensure social media performance is evaluated on an ongoing basis (insights, sentiment, measurement, analysis, reporting). Consistently apply learnings to optimize social media activity.
8. Stay current with industry trends and the competition. Experiment with emerging platforms, technologies and dynamic activity that impact the social landscape.
The right person will be excited to think strategically about testing and segmenting and developing higher value list segments (i.e. books list, swing state list, a highly engaged list, etc.); will have experience with list innovation and monetization, will have exhibited demonstrable success in social media marketing and will be comfortable helping balance competing departmental priorities. Email production and training, monthly reports, understanding of evolving best practices, developing and implementing strategies for list growth, and maintaining a company-wide email marketing calendar are all part of the job.
• Experience and demonstrated ability working with email databases, social media and executing
and implementing digital campaigns.
• Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize.
• Highly detail-oriented, energetic, and organized.
• Knowledge of and affinity for progressive community a bonus.
Position works out of The Nation’s New York City offices. Congenial workplace offering competitive salary and excellent benefits. The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or postal mail please.
This position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between The Nation and The NewsGuild of N.Y., CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO. The starting salary is $63,795 and can scale up depending on experience with great benefits.
Excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K
Minimum Education Required