1776 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Confucius Institute U.S. (CIUS) Center is seeking an entry-level associate with strong verbal and written communications skills to assist in implementing the CIUS Center external communications and development plans. The Communications and Development Associate will assist in increasing the funding and visibility of the organization, its programs and advocacy efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring communications and development professional to join a growing organization and have a significant and meaningful impact on increasing cross-cultural understanding between the U.S. and China.
About the Confucius Institute U.S. Center
The Confucius Institute is a not-for-profit educational program dedicated to the teaching of Mandarin, cultivating Chinese cultural awareness, and facilitating global education. We believe the world will be a better place if people from different cultures can understand one another and work together. Based in Washington, D.C., the Confucius Institute U.S. (CIUS) Center is the regional center that supports joint efforts among the network of 110 Confucius Institutes across the country through professional development, strategic communications, and academic research support services.
- Work with the communications team to implement CIUS external communications strategy across all channels, press and media, website, social media, reports, print publications
- Work closely with digital and social media associate to create engaging content aligned with the CIUS brand and key messages (Facebook, Twitter, Website, Blog)
- Implement CIUS development strategy through outreach, relationship-building, and fundraising
- Support program planning and implementation as needed
- Conduct research into relevant donor acquisition topics
- Act as a liaison between the CIUS Center and various external stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial initiative
- Comfortable working both independently and on a small team
- Passion for strengthening understanding between people in the US and China
- Knowledge of Chinese and China strongly preferred
- Some development & fundraising experience preferred
- Experience in sales or communicating and building relationships with a variety of audiences preferred
- Bachelor's degree
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 13, 2018 citing “Communications and Development Associate” in the subject line.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required