151 Third Street
Art transforms lives. It provokes us to think, to express, to explore our own creativity, to envision new possibilities. SFMOMA expanded the museum to provide a better experience for our visitors and a better home for our expanding collections, including the SFMOMA collection and the Fisher Collection, one of the finest collections of contemporary art in the world. The new SFMOMA, designed in collaboration with the architecture firm Snøhetta, opened May 14th 2016. With this project, we are transforming not just the museum's physical presence, but also our contributions to the community, enhancing SFMOMA's role as a place for learning, inspiration, and interaction for visitors from the Bay Area and beyond. We are making SFMOMA a magnet for contemporary art and for the audiences who will engage with it.
This position is responsible for the management of all member, donor, and auxiliary data in the museum’s CRM system. With the support of the four-person Community Enterprise Operations team, the manager ensures the seamless integration of contributed and earned revenue into Tessitura. Primary responsibilities include development and membership processing and acknowledgments, revenue tracking and reconciliation, pledge administration, reporting and analysis, lists and extractions, and ensuring all related CRM processes are functioning at optimal capacities. In coordination with the CRM and Reporting team, the manager serves as the primary information resource for the development and membership departments. This position requires a high-degree of initiative, flexibility, resourcefulness, and the ability to work effectively with multiple levels of business and technical expertise throughout the organization, as well as deep knowledge and experience with relational databases (note: SFMOMA uses Tessitura).
- Provide leadership for the Community Enterprise Operations team in a manner that ensures proactive consultation with end users and exceptional customer service approaches. Manages and mentors staff while providing opportunities for professional development.
- Manage the development, maintenance, and quality assurance on all development and membership processing, reporting, and reconciliation activities.
- Develop financial, statistical, and ad-hoc reports for internal and external customers.
- Manage, train, and develop the Community Enterprise Operations team in all aspects of gift administration, including gift processing, adjustments, refunds/credits, and receipting in accordance to museum policy, state and federal laws, and IRS regulations. Ensures the accurate and timely entry and acknowledgment of all contributed revenue to the museum in accordance with financial regulations.
- In close collaboration with the Finance team, reconcile earned and contributed revenue on a daily, monthly and annual basis. Develops and maintains the museum’s gift handling procedures including guidelines for gift documentation and GL account creation and management in Tessitura.
- Develop and perform daily and weekly audits to ensure the integrity and security of all gift and membership records. Manages quality control measures for maintenance of biographical and financial information of members, donors, and prospects.
- Provide guidance on identifying, implementing, testing, and managing 3rd party fundraising and membership applications.
- Develop reports and strategies to monitor gift data integrity and Community Enterprise Operations team data entry performance targets.
- Responsible for the security and confidentiality of sensitive donor, member, and prospect information.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, forms, training materials, and other documentation related to gift operations.
- Identifies, analyzes and implements activities to increase efficiency, improve workflow, and optimize division use of the Tessitura application.
- Collaborates with all internal stakeholders to ensure all Community Enterprise Operations business processes comply with overall CRM governance structure. Represents the Community Enterprise Operations division in the Tessitura User Group and/or associated sub-committees.
- Staff Museum events, including evening and weekend events, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Two (2) to four (4) years working with relational databases required, Tessitura experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of related experience in a large organization, non-profit or museum preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of fundraising and membership programs, development services best practices, accounting and IRS regulations related to charitable giving.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate, and develop staff.
- Familiarity reading and writing SQL queries to extract and analyze data preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, and intermediate MS Excel skills (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, if/then statements) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information clearly and accurately in writing, verbally, and through reports or other materials.
- Passion for problem-solving, knowledge, and collaboration.
- Experience training and managing individuals to adopt applications.
Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail. Ability to manage and complete detailed assignments within a specified timeframe and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a results-oriented, fast-paced, and complex work environment.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well and build relationships with different areas of the business.
- Ability to effectively engage with and present to all levels of management.
- Tact, sound judgment, and diplomacy handling confidential and sensitive information.
POSITION: Manager, Constituent Information Services
DEPARTMENT: CRM Enterprise Services
SUPERVISOR: Director, CRM Enterprise Services
SCHEDULE: Full time
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through the SnapHire link provided.