Details: This is an AmeriCorps Vista Position
540 President Street
826NYC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6-18 with their
creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write. Our services are structured around our belief that great leaps in learning can happen with one-on-one attention and that strong writing skills are fundamental to future success. Our programs include: after-school tutoring, evening and weekend workshops, and field trips.
The Development and Marketing Strategist will work with the Development Manager and Executive Director to organize member events to attract and retain donors, conduct donor outreach in communities where we have programming or plan to establish programming, research and assist in the application of grants, and assist in the creation and execution of fundraisers.
Reports to: Development Manager
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:30-5:30
- Work with development team to create a fundraiser strategy to ensure 826NYC meets its goals.
- Research a diverse range of foundations that would be interested in supporting the expansion of our in-schools programming as well as current initiatives.
- Write letters of interest and grants for foundation and corporate funders.
- Manage organization’s social media strategy, including creation of content, content delivery, and reporting.
- Collaborate with other departments to create timely and engaging Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter posts centered on our mission.
- Support individual donor engagement by processing gifts, writing communications with major funders, and managing external communications.
- Work with Executive Director to secure meetings with as many prospects as possible.
- Research opportunities for visitors to the Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co. to learn more about our work and how they can support it.
- Work with development department to execute three events for League of SuperHumans members.
- Manage guest list and assist with promotion of the events.
- Assist with securing talent, space, and vendors for fundraising events.
- Research potential corporate sponsors to help underwrite the events.
- Assist teams in fundraising during our two peer-to-peer fundraising events
- Interest in fundraising and nonprofit administration
- Experience developing individual work plans and setting internal goals
- Experience keeping to deadlines and managing multiple projects
- Experience giving and receiving feedback
- Experience working with a team and collaborating on projects
- A track record of supporting the work of peers
- Commitment to a culture of diversity, of equity, and inclusion
- Commitment to the mission of 826NYC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with standard office software and applications (MSWord, Excel, etc.)
- An understanding of social media and how it can be leveraged to further our mission
- Experience in Salesforce or a similar CRM, a plus.
This position is an AmeriCorps VISTA position A stipend is provided by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Candidates should familiarize themselves with the AmeriCorps Vista program, the stipend, and provided benefits before applying: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorpsvista
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Register for the AmeriCorps Vista program and apply for the listing here. In addition, please send the following to Development Manager, David Rosenstein (email@example.com) with the subject line “Development Strategist.” No phone calls, please.
- A cover letter that includes a summary of your experience and a specific explanation of why you are interested in working for 826NYC
- A detailed resume
- A list of three references