125 South Clark Street
Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Functional Responsibilities: Program operations and partner relations
Embarc’s mission is to cultivate post-secondary success by inspiring students to build their social capital, stretch the boundaries of their neighborhood, alter their world view, and seize opportunities in school and life. Embarc is regarded as one of the most exciting emerging non-profits in Chicago that specializes in combining a robust 3-year curriculum with immersive, hands on learning experiences that connect students to multiple sectors of the Chicago community to drive academic skills and close the achievement gap.
Since inception in 2010, Embarc has served over 1200 students who have achieved an average 97% graduation rate, 92% college enrollment rate, and 97% overall postsecondary success. Embarc has grown from serving 25 students in 2010 to nearly 800 students in the 2017-2018 school year in 18 high schools across Chicago Public Schools (CPS). Our program impact is expected to double by 2020.
Embarc is looking for a dynamic and focused leader to join its highly regarded and driven team.
The Program Manager assists in overseeing the experiential education aspect of Embarc to ensure quality and efficacy of the program. This includes being responsible for all operations over student journeys and workshops, partnership development, collaborating between partners and school, working closely with three other Program Managers and responding to the needs of Program Team. To accomplish these tasks, the Program Manager works closely with partners, Embarc staff, and Embarc teachers as needed. The Program Manager reports to the Senior Program Manager.
- Program Operations (60%)
- Handle all logistics and communication between partners and Embarc teachers for journeys and workshops, ensuring all necessary elements (transportation, food, materials, venue, and activities) are accounted for 30 days prior to student experience.
- Develop and execute Embarc’s experiential learning program.
- Provide ultimate experiential learning support to partners and teachers by problem solving around issues that arise.
- Be present during journeys and workshops as needed.
- Work with Chief Program Director, Program Managers, and Instructional Coaches to align programming with student needs and interest.
- Provide materials to schools and partners.
- Track, document, and report all expenses to Chief Program Director and Business Manager.
- Propose new ideas to streamline processes.
- Partner Relations (40%)
- Develop partnership growth strategy and pipeline development.
- Work with partners and Program Team to improve current experiences and seek new experiential partnerships that will drive students’ mindset development.
- Act as liaison between Embarc, the schools, and businesses / organizations / experience partners.
- Represent Embarc during events and partnership development opportunities.
- Work with Executive and Development Teams to ensure that experiences and partnerships support strategic organizational growth.
- Support existing and developing systems to track partnerships and new opportunities.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 (five) years experience working with a diverse population of youth between the ages of 13-21
- Meticulous attention to detail, record keeping, and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong and polished interpersonal skills and exceptional electronic, oral, and written communication skills
- An extremely high level of personal responsibility with exceptional goal orientation and a proven track record of success
- Experience executing projects to meet and exceed ambitious goals
- An ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Have a love for event management and provide excellent customer service
- Familiarity with Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ability to work with a variety of people with different backgrounds and experiences
- A willingness to work occasional nights and weekends
- Program Manager is required to make off-site visits to Embarc’s various school and partner sites. With this in mind the Program Manager must have his/her own means of transportation and a valid driver’s license. Embarc does not currently reimburse for travel related expenses.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume AS A SINGLE *.PDF to Katie Petersen at email@example.com to be considered. Only candidates being moved forward for consideration should expect a personal reply from Embarc.
Embarc is an equal opportunity employer. Embarc evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and work related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital or familial status, family responsibilities, veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of such status.
Please note all offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Minimum Education Required