The mission of Fair Trade USA's Certification Department is to ensure integrity and compliance with the Fair Trade USA Standards and with the Assurance Program. This position is responsible for managing Fair Trade USA’s process for partners at origin in coordination with the Certification mangers. The Certification Assistant will act as liaison with the Supply Chain teams as well as our Certification and Audit Partners.
- Maintain certification relationships with Fair Trade agricultural and seafood partners globally.
- Coordinate and track the audit process of applicants and certificate holders with our approved Compliance Assurance Bodies.
- Monitor audit reports and corrective action plans administered by the Certification Bodies for clients in their certification process; evaluate and address quality issues in coordination with Certification and Standard managers including but not limited to compliance criteria interpretation, compliance criteria verification, expected response and auditing timeframes, etc.
- Work closely with Certification managers and Senior Manager to address formal allegation cases submitted through FTUSA’s allegation process and forms.
- Work effectively as a team member, supporting peers and providing insights and solutions to help improve external customer service as well as internal procedures.
- Work closely with Certification managers in the development of tools and documents to further expand the resources available for auditors and producers in their journey to implement the Agricultural Production Standard.
- A minimum of 2 years of related prior work experience in certification, verification, auditing or quality management systems and a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working with agricultural supply chains preferred.
- Track record of exceptional customer service, supported by outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work effectively, problem solve and handle detail-oriented projects in a systematic and highly organized manner.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-starter/learner able to work both independently and as a team player.
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish is required. Other languages are plus (e.g.: Portuguese, Mandarin, Bahasa).
- Strong work ethic and likes to have fun on the job.
- A passion for Fair Trade USA’s mission, vision, and accomplishments.
To Be Considered:
This is a temporary position expected to last until January 2019.
Level of Language Proficiency
Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish is required. Other languages are plus (e.g.: Portuguese, Mandarin, Bahasa).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit both a resume and a cover letter to the attention of Paul Alvarez, Certification Senior Manager.