450 Lexington Avenue
Everytown is a movement of Americans working together to end gun violence and build safer communities. Gun violence touches every town in America. For too long, change has been thwarted by the Washington gun lobby and by leaders who refuse to take common-sense steps that will save lives. But something is changing. More than 4 million mayors, moms, cops, teachers, survivors, gun owners, and everyday Americans have come together to make their own communities safer. Together, we are fighting for the changes that we know will save lives.
As an Operations Manager on the Political Team, you will work to execute Everytown’s 2018 strategies in federal, state, and local races. The role will be based in New York and will report to the Senior Advisor to the President
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the political team staff engaging in electoral races by overseeing and executing the tracking, monitoring, dispersing, and reporting for independent expenditures and other electoral expenditures and giving
- Tracking invoicing, contributions and compliance for independent expenditures
- Overseeing the tracking, monitoring, dispersing, and reporting of Everytown Action Fund electoral expenditures and giving
- Working with the Senior Advisor to the President and others to contextualize electoral efforts into bigger picture goals of the organization and gun violence prevention movement
You will have:
- 2 or more cycles of experience in campaign work
- Experience in campaign finance and operations
- The ability to travel and work beyond regular work hours when needed (which can be often)
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to manage up, around and below
- An understanding of politics in different situations and at different levels
- Keen attention to detail, the ability to organize information for concise decision making and
- A willingness to bring your own perspective and sense of humor to any situation, while respecting the different approaches around you
- A political mind with a strong attention to detail
- An interest in systems and finance processes
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Minimum Education Required