305 7th Avenue
Sheltering Arms is seeking a Human Resources Generalist for our administrative office located in Midtown. The Human Resources Generalist will provide full-cycle HR functionality for all programs under their purview.
- Advises program in identifying, screening, and interviewing candidates in a timely manner
- Maintains an adequate knowledge of open positions and ensures that qualified candidates are sent to hiring managers to interview weekly
- Liaises with program management to understand current needs related to staffing, employee relations, and training, and to advise on HR related matters
- Maintains accuracy and consistency of program and employee related data
- Serves as the customer service representative, taking all incoming phone calls for the department and resolving employee inquiries
- Facilitates the new hire process for prospective employees (processing paperwork, identifying and verification of credentials, etc.)
- Oversees all benefits administration related to program (inclusive of enrollments, terminations, and voluntary benefits)
- Collaborates with compliance to assist with audits and ensure compliance based on state, funder, and agency requirements
- Manages Paid Time-off Policies for Adolescent Residential Care, including resolving discrepancies and utilizing timesheets to review and adjust entries in HRIS system
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Bachelors Degree required
- 1-2 years of HR experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and HRIS
- Strong customer services and communication skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms
Please submit brief cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the role/agency to be considered for the role.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click on the link