Homefirst, a 501(C)3 non-profit organization, is seeking a part time Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper to work onsite in our office. The ideal candidate should be comfortable wearing multiple hats. COVID procedures are strictly adhered to and minimal employees are coming into the office to ensure social distancing.
- Mon - Fri, 20-25 hours/week
The part time Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper will support the Executive Director, Case Manager, and Development and Program Manager with administrative duties and light bookkeeping.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper:
- Answers and directs phone calls.
- Answering a high volume of emails.
- Recording and forwarding messages to appropriate staff.
- Scheduling client appointments.
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, scanning, mail distribution and filing.
- Keep customer information update to date and accurate
- Handle client inquiries in a competent and courteous manner; exercise cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ensure all issues are communicated and promptly resolved; communicate escalated issues to management promptly as needed.
- Pay vendors
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper:
- Detail oriented and organized
- Willing to learn
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
- Effective communication skills: both written and oral
- Positive attitude and the willingness and desire to learn new skills
- Customer focus and an ability to deal with customers and peers with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds; ability to exercise cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to prioritize and plan