501 Southern Boulevard
The New York Foundling is one of the community’s largest and longest-standing nonprofits, and is dedicated to nurturing the safety, well-being, and supportive relationships that each person needs to reach their full potential. Our story begins in 1869, when we were founded by the Sisters of Charity as a home for abandoned babies. Since then, we have evolved with the needs of the community into a leading provider of services to over 30,000 children, youth, adults, and families each year throughout New York City; Rockland, Westchester, and Orange counties; and Puerto Rico.
We are currently seeking a full-time Health Educator in our Bronx location. The Health Educator will be responsible for:
- Completes orientation and trainings including mandatory on-line implementation training prior to delivering evidence-based programming. Deliver training for specific evidence-based programming defined by model developer.
- Deliver evidence based program with fidelity to youth and parents in a variety of settings.
- Conduct community outreach and education.
- Complete required reporting and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide assistance and/or referrals for youth to obtain comprehensive family planning services, health services or other essential support services as identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in health education or health related field.
- Ability to facilitate discussion/teach classes to youth in a variety of setting on reproductive health topics such as reproductive Anatomy, contraceptive methods, STD’s and HIV/AIDS.
- Experience working with youth and demonstrated ability to be inclusive and non-stigmatizing in their role.
- Knowledge of or experience working with youth in child welfare programs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and/or weekends.
The Foundling offers an industry-leading benefits package, including: 4 weeks of paid time off, 12 paid holidays, 403(B) retirement plan with savings match, tuition reimbursement program of up to $4000/year, regular professional development and training, significantly subsidized health insurance and employee wellness program. Apply now to join the greatest social service agency, where the work you do every day helps empower the children and families of New York!
We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying directly at https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=2947.
Minimum Education Required