For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness. Our Integrated Health and Wellness Services are as varied as the issues that arise for those having difficulty adjusting at home, school, or in the community- issues such as depression, substance abuse, marital problems and other stress related conditions.
The Maintenance Worker is responsible to perform daily inspections in order to assess and report maintenance concerns. The Maintenance Worker collects and takes out all recyclable items in designated time and place for pick-up. The Maintenance Worker will assist in setting up rooms for various activities through the program as directed. The Maintenance Worker will be responsible for:
· Daily cleaning of floors, doors, windows, elevators, lobby, offices, common restrooms, and community spaces.
· Perform thorough cleaning and disinfecting for all new apartments and all existing units prior to new occupancy.
· Provide maintenance, minor repairs, and improvements to the residences, including installation of light fixtures, switches, grab bars, panes of glass, faucet repairs, plaster patching, and painting when assigned.
· Report to Manager any conditions, which might be hazardous to persons who are at high risk of infection.
· Provide office maintenance; dispose of garbage cans, dust office furniture, maintain and straighten out key cabinet and clean office equipment.
· Responsible for recycling and garbage collections, including compactor operation and placement of refuse in appropriate place for pick-up.
· Report to Residence Manager or Clinical Manager from the field.
· Perform emergency hygiene maintenance as needed.
· Assist during company activities and events when needed.
· Assist with moving and placing clients in their apartments when assigned.
· Assist residents with housekeeping, when required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid NYS Driver License required. 3 years of current driving experience with no more than one moving violation in the previous 24 months (2 years), and no driving while intoxicated convictions required.
- One year of Maintenance experience required.
- Experience doing building repairs or residential maintenance repairs required.
- Excellent oral & written communication.
- Excellent organizational & team player skills required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking preferred.
Please click on the link below or copy & past into your browser:
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
Minimum Education Required