711 5th Avenue
The Arab American Association of New York (AAANY) is a 501(c)(3) not for profit social service organization located in Brooklyn, New York. Our mission is to support and empower the Arab immigrant community by providing services that will help them to adjust to their new homeland and become active members of American society. Our aim is for families to achieve the ultimate goals of independence, productivity, and stability.
AAANY supports families and communities at large by supporting caregivers and adults in managing their profound stress levels and adopting positive coping mechanisms. Currently, AAANY is implementing the Connections to Care program with NYU Langone providing free confidential and culturally sensitive mental health services.
AAANY streamlines mental health support and care across all its services and programs. We make a concerted effort to comprehensively train and equip our staff with the tools to better understand mental health and how it affects our clients.
- Continue to manage Y3 of our Connections to Care (C2C) grant to provide needed mental health services to the community;
- Conduct outreach efforts to raise awareness of mental health services and opportunities to community members;
- Work closely with AAANY’s mental health partner (NYU Langone) as per grant requirements;
- Work closely with operational and clinical supervisors;
- Submit monthly and quarterly grant reports;
- Enter data accurately into data entry system and manage data for reporting;
- Support with staff development and capacity building trainings;
- Network with other organizations and networks for both awareness raising and training;
- Support in proposal writing and reporting, as requested;
- Conduct mental health screenings and psychosocial assessments;
- Provide individual outpatient therapy to adult clients utilizing different therapeutic methodology;
- Keep detailed client charts and programmatic records as per grant requirements;
- Provide supportive counseling and referrals to walk-in clients for domestic violence victims and families dealing with the Administration of Children’s Services;
- Provide ongoing individual coaching and supervision to staff as it pertains to their support of community members’ mental health needs;
- Serve as point person for crisis-intervention, de-escalation and child/youth protection;
- Facilitate psychoeducation groups/workshops for the community;
- Support in the establishment and development of our case management system;
- Provide support to AAANY staff on referral pathways;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- MA/S or equivalent in social work and/or psychology or LMHC;
- Strong understanding of referral pathways;
- Strong understanding of refugee issues or working with immigrant, displaced, or marginalized groups;
- Strong management skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues;
- Demonstrated skills in data collection and database management, organized, and able to handle many responsibilities simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic, including report development, writing and editing;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Positive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving;
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in spoken Arabic
Proficiency in spoken and written English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This is an immediate hire. Please submit your cover letter and CV to APPLICATIONS@ARABAMERICANNY.ORG with "Social Worker: First Name, Last Name" in the subject line of the email.