Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay Street
About Explore Schools:
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our mission is to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, support and evaluate the operations team
- Partner with the network Operations Team to create and continuously improve a comprehensive strategy for school based operations and logistics that supports the mission of school based operations: to proactively anticipate and meet the needs of teachers and academic leadership
- Facilitate all aspects of the co-location relationship in collaboration with school principal
- Execute on the organizations vision for Operations
- Oversee cash management for school, including holding exclusive online access to checking and money market accounts for the purpose of managing school cash
- Serve as back-up signatory on school checking and money market accounts
- Oversee the creation and management of coverage schedules for duties including, but not limited to: breakfast, lunch, hallways, testing, and dismissal.
- Maintain monthly staff and Explore event calendars
- Oversee school based compliance and reporting
- Collaborate with the Principal to prepare for authorizer and state sitevisits,
- Write and oversee distribution of school’s official correspondence with families
- Ensure timely notification of school events and all other important information
- Oversee all aspects of school’s purchasing, inventory, equipment and supplies.
- Collaborate with school leadership to develop and implement action plans for the execution of school-wide events, including: transportation, information dissemination, traffic flow, venue logistics, audiovisual needs, etc.
- Maintain accurate & organized records of student information
Student Health and Safety
- Ensure legally compliant safety procedures are in place, includingschedules for fire, evacuation, crisis, bus drills, and school nursing
- Oversee compliance with CPR and AED certifications for staff
- Assist with non-instructional supervision of students, as needed, such as arrival/dismissal, hallway monitoring, substitute teaching, lunch & playground duty, or supervision of extracurricular activities
- Unwavering high expectations for all students
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in operations with at least two years of management experience. Charter School experience preferred.
- Results-driven business leader with experience in, and commitment to, operational and financial excellence and the use of data and assessments to drive operational and financial decisions
- Technological proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, QuickBooks, and other financial management and HR software
- Excellent communication skills with diverse stakeholders (teachers, parents, guardians, students, etc.); clear writer, facilitator, and public speaker.
Competitive and commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required