This position is part of our EAP Services Center Team and reports to the Senior EAP Counselor. Applicant must be fully licensed to practice independently. The candidate hired will have at least 3 years of licensed practice in general mental health counseling and at least one year of EAP experience. Our EAP Counselors answer incoming calls during business hours from people accessing the EAP benefit provided by their employer for such things as brief counseling, legal or financial consultation, help finding resources for child or dependent care, higher education, adoption and others. EAP Counselors may also offer telephonic guidance and consultation to callers on psychosocial issues and in the moment emotional/psychological support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Act as a customer service link between the customer’s employees and family members to provide professional assistance to access employee assistance program benefit.
• Ensuring consistent availability to promptly respond to incoming telephone calls.
• Assess for a behavioral health emergency or crisis event.
• Provide brief intake assessment and process calls according to protocols.
• Provide telephonic “in-the-moment” counseling when appropriate, gathers demographic information, explain benefits, and make an appropriate referral to an affiliate or other treatment providers.
• Provide authorization of appropriate sessions according to customer sponsored benefit
• E- fax or mail referral packet, including FEI billing forms and authorization to the affiliate.
• Document information obtained from calls into the computerized system to include, intake, referrals, complaints, requests for general information, etc.
• Provide assistance to network affiliates to update and maintain accurate information.
• Locate and screen potential providers for membership in the EAP affiliate network.
• Support affiliate network functions and consistency.
• Respond to other customer needs as appropriate.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
• Follow and comply with all HIPAA privacy and confidentiality requirements, safety, work rules and regulations.
• Capable to perform duties remotely and without distraction while meeting quality and productivity expectations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires a master’s degree in the behavioral health field and three years’ post master’s clinical experience in one or more of the following areas; EAP, mental health, counseling, case management and substance abuse. State licensure is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Drive for Results: Focuses on executing consistent high quality results; sets high standards for self;
• Personal Accountability: open to feedback, suggestions, new ideas and facts; actively listens to and understands others
• Resilience: is flexible when dealing with difficult situations; easily makes transitions to new ideas and policies; open and supportive of new approaches and ideas of others; receptive/comfortable with change; can effectively partner with individuals with different communication and work styles; has sense of humor.
• Customer Focus: builds positive, respectful, and trusting relationships with both internal and external customers;
• Collaboration: builds strong working relationships with all stakeholders;
• Learning Agility: Learns quickly from all types of situations and can adapt behavior to new situations to improve performance;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The remote work environment identified by the employee/applicant is subject to the approval by the FEI management and is required to be HIPAA compliant, suitable for providing client services, a uninterrupted and clear telephone connection with high speed internet capability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Company approved computer, business applications, screen and selected accessories and will be provided.
Travel is not expected
This position is part of our EAP Services Center Team and reports to the Senior EAP Counselor. Applicant must be fully licensed to practice independently. The candidate hired will have at least 3 years of licensed practice in…