475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: High Risk/Geriatric Case Manager – Jasmine Court
REPORTS TO: Director of Social Services
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time/Per Diem
EXEMPT/NONEXEMPT: Non-Exempt Hourly
LSSNY’s 24-hour supportive housing program at Jasmine Court serves extremely vulnerable individuals, including people with histories of homelessness and/or mental illness. The High Risk/Geriatric Case Manager promotes client wellness and autonomy through advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management, and service facilitation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Support and advocate for residents on client caseload (total # to be determined).
- Establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with clients, maintaining professional boundaries and a non-judgmental, unbiased approach.
- Conduct regular meetings with clients to provide support, advocacy and other case management services.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments of clients.
- In conjunction with clients, develop individualized service plans to promote client health, well-being, and independence.
- Link clients with appropriate providers and resources throughout the continuum of health and human services and care settings based on the needs and values of clients.
- Escort clients to scheduled and unscheduled psychiatric/medical care.
- Ensure that clients receive safe, effective, client-centered, timely, and equitable care.
- Ensure at least two contacts per month with each client.
- Organize, facilitate, and escort clients as needed for on/off-site activities.
- Manage one ongoing group; track client participation in the client record.
- Conduct monthly unit inspections for each client, ensure proper follow-up to findings, assist clients as needed.
- Maintain “audit-ready” client records at all times, as required by program funding sources. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Psychosocial Assessments
- Service Plans
- Progress Notes
- Updated medical and mental health information.
- Represent Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, and uphold agency Code of Conduct, at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field
- Minimum of 2 years in human services
- Working knowledge of issues related to homelessness, HIV, substance abuse, mental illness, and entitlement programs
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Able to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with clients and positive working relationships within LSSNY and with external agencies.
- Excellent spoken and written expression.
- Strong time management skills, able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once.
- Crisis intervention skills.
- Willing to participate in continuing education.
- Flexible, able to work some holidays and weekends.
- Proficient in internet navigation, Microsoft Office 365.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisor, Donika Prelvukaj, with "High Risk Case Manager" in the subject line.
Director of Jasmine Court
[with "High Risk Case Manager" in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----