1828 Yale Avenue
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking Senior Program Manager – Engagement Services at our Orion Center location. Under the supervision of the Director of Engagement Services, the Senior Program Manager of the Orion Center will provide administrative oversight for YouthCare’s community programs located at the Orion Center for young people ages 12-24. This position requires strong clinical, management, supervisory, written/verbal communication, program development, and organizational skills.
Successful candidates will have:
· Minimum five years of management experience with a demonstrated history of progressive advances in responsibility.
· Experience hiring and training staff, developing and implementing policies, managing budgets, working with volunteers, and managing contracts.
· Knowledge of and direct experience working with young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people.
· Knowledge of and direct experience with Workforce Development programs
· Experience facilitating multi-disciplinary teams, groups, and meetings
· Must be able to respond in person and address emergent and safety concerns within a reasonable amount of time 24 hours a day.
· BA in Social Work or related field
· Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Senior Program Manager - Engagement Services