The Accounting Specialist at Cultural Vistas supports and assists the Accounting Department in creating timely and accurate financial statements; is responsible for processing all payments for the goods and services necessary for the basic operation of the organization; and compiles and maintains all Accounts Payable records.
- Administration -
- Assists the Accounting Director with the coordination of the monthly and year-end close processes, including but not limited to: entry of disbursements and processing of invoices into computer system.
- Reviews accounts payable transactions for accurate documentation including but not limited to checks and Electronic Funds Transfer re-imbursement requests
- Authorizes and processes all Accounts Payable transactions and payments, coordinates and maintains all Accounts Payable vendor set-up in Abila MIP accounting software.
- Maintains A/P software AvidXchange to ensure payables are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Compliance -
- Assists in the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies in order to maintain and strengthen Cultural Vistas’ internal financial controls.
- Protects accounting department and organization's reputation by keeping information confidential
- Reviews all Accounts Payable transactions for appropriate supporting documentation.
- Substantiate program staff through monitoring and reconciling of grant funding and expenditures.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Oversees and reconciles the Carlson-Wagonlit Travel Account for the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP). Reviews IVLP program budgets.
- Reviews monthly Amex statements and Wells Fargo Visastatements, receipts and expanse reporting from New York office staff. Ensures documentation is complete and adheres to company guidelines.
- Reviews monthly Amex statements and Wells Fargo Visa statements, receipts and expanse reporting from New York office staff. Ensures documentation is complete and adheres to company guidelines.
- Reviews monthly Amex statements and Wells Fargo Visa statements, receipts and expense reporting from New York office staff. Ensures documentation is complete and adheres to company guidelines.
- Works with Program staff to review 1042 and 1099 forms and submits to IRS.
- Assists in the gathering of supporting materials for an annual independent audit.
- Customer Service -
- Provides accounting assistance to internal customers including, but not limited to: responding to accounting inquiries, recommending actions, and reconciling account issues.
- Coordinates and manages miscellaneous Cultural Vistas spreadsheets, incl. postage and fixed assets
- Acts as Secondary Representative for office supply ordering and incoming/outgoing mail processing
- Performs filing, copying, and other administrative tasks as required
- Other tasks as assigned
- Professional Development -
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge by seeking out educational workshops, classes, and related publications
- Participates in administrative staff meetings, retreats, and organization-wide events; attends seminars and industry events
- Leads org-wide staff accounting info sessions
- Exceptional attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Grant Management and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to multi-task, to prioritize workload, to organize, and make decisions in a deadline sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate outcomes and problem solve
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively within a multi-cultural environment and with people from diverse cultures and countries
- Possesses a commitment to professionalism and communicability
- Ability to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Ability to exhibit a collegial attitude and excel within a collaborative team working environment
- Interest in and commitment to the mission and values of Cultural Vistas
- Continuous commitment to professional development for oneself and others in the department
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required -
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite products, especially Microsoft Excel and Power Point, Abila, AvidXchange and Concur
- Working knowledge of Skype For Business video-conferencing software.
- Education and Experience Required -
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Math required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Reimbursement
- Student Loan repayment program
- Flexible Work Arrangement Schedules (35 Hour Work-Weeks)
- 20 PTO Days for First 1-3 Years (Increases After)
- 6 Sick Days
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click here to apply.