Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Sr. Accountant to join the Finance and Administration department and provide support to the Conquer Cancer (Foundation) of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. If you enjoy working with financial data, have a meticulous focus on detail, and enjoy collaborating with others, then we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Provide overall finance, budget, and accounting support for Conquer Cancer (Foundation) to assure budgets reflect the Conquer Cancer operating plan, forecasts are reasonable, and reporting of financial results are accurate in order to assess performance
- Perform monthly accounting and reporting and year end close, including but not limited to, booking general ledger journal entries including those required by fund accounting, providing financial variance analysis, reconciliations, and reporting results to key stakeholders
- Stay current in GAAP and tax regulations in order to properly prepare schedules and respond to requests for additional information for the annual audit and Form 990 reporting
- Record and manage transactions within Investment Portfolio for all entities, including endowment tracking and reporting
- Provide cost estimates to Grants and Awards division for Conquer Cancer’s preparation of grant and gift proposals and reporting actual costs results for grant and gift funded activities
- Prepare financial analysis to support Conquer Cancer management decisions and other duties as assigned
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting or a Finance-related field; having an MBA is a plus
- Five plus years’ non-profit accounting and finance experience that includes contribution and fund accounting
- Proficiency working with sophisticated accounting and budget systems; and having experience with Prophix, Microsoft Dynamics SL, and/or Workday is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs with advanced Excel experience; and an openness to adapting to new technology
- Experience working with a relational database and generating management reports and financial statements
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time, with the ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)