Ingenuity Prep prepares PreK-6th grade students in Ward 8 to succeed in college and beyond as impactful civic leaders. We are looking for an outstanding Speech-Language Pathologist to collaborate with the Student Support Team and teachers to ensure that students with speech and language disorders are identified and provided with the highest quality services. The ideal candidate is committed to using data and programming therapy to to ensure that all students receive an excellent education. To support the implementation of quality services, Ingenuity Prep supports reasonable caseloads and provides adequate materials and workspace in which to treat and evaluate students. The SLP will be supported in pursuing professional development opportunities that bring benefit to our students and staff.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Speech Language Pathologist at Ingenuity Prep, you will:
- Conduct thorough assessments and diagnoses of articulation and language disorders for students who are undergoing a special education evaluation in these areas
- Conduct formal and informal screenings of students who are possible candidates for special education referral
- Provide individual and group services to students - including special education services - that emphasize improved academic outcomes
- Participate in the development of IEPs.
- Work closely with teachers, families, and the Student and Family Support Services team to coordinate special services to students with IEPs.
- Communicate regularly with families on student progress.
- Collaborate with teachers and leaders on instructional strategies and accommodations and modifications, and provide teachers with resources to support their own work with students.
- Work in close partnership with another Speech Language Pathologist to ensure all timely and effective coordination of services, evaluation, and RTI.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ingenuity Prep may be the right fit for you if:
- You have a deep belief in Ingenuity Prep’s model and mission.
- You have experience working with young children; experience in a school-based role - either as a teacher or an SLP in a low-income school is preferred.
- You want to work in a feedback-rich culture, and are eager to grow your practice and support the practice of others who are working with students.
- You can successfully leverage Ingenuity Prep’s existing resources and materials -- and identify appropriate materials and resources that will allow you and your students to achieve even more.
- You have experience successfully engaging supporting students -- especially young students -- in achieving goals.
- You believe effective support for students is full of joy and rigor.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and Master’s Degree.
- You are licensed by the D.C. Department of Health to practice Speech-Language Pathology; ASHA certification is preferred, and strong Clinical Fellows (CFs) will also be considered.
MORE ABOUT US
Ingenuity Prep offers among the strongest compensation and benefits packages of any public charter school in Washington, D.C. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive compensation.
- 100% of medical and dental premiums for employees paid for by Ingenuity Prep, along with 100% of dependent premiums.
- 100% of employee’s short and long-term disability and life insurance plans paid for by Ingenuity Prep.
- A minimum of two weeks maternity/paternity leave at 100% pay for all staff -- regardless of gender. Over time, that increases to as much as six weeks -- all at 100% pay.
- A 100% match -- up to 3% -- on your 401K retirement plan.
- A 100% Ingenuity Prep-paid cell phone plan. You can even bring your current number into our plan.
- MacBook Air computer for professional and personal use
Ingenuity Prep does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.