1101 15th Street NW
Position reports to: Deputy Director of Digital Membership and Advocacy
Position location: Washington, D.C.
Friends of the Earth is a hard-hitting, progressive, environmental organization that pulls no punches and speaks sometimes uncomfortable truth to power. It’s an approach that has worked for nearly five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people.
To accomplish our mission, we are working at the nexus of environmental protection, economic policy, and social justice to fundamentally transform the way our country and the world value people and the environment. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in 74 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
Friends of the Earth’s membership department seeks a digital communications professional to expand our organization’s capacity and ability to win campaigns and engage our membership through online advocacy and other digital engagement tools.
The Digital Advocacy Coordinator will work in collaboration with campaign teams to produce compelling, engaging content for Friends of the Earth’s 1.6 million+ email subscribers. The successful candidate will contribute to our rapidly growing digital advocacy efforts and use digital tools to achieve campaign victories – including stopping Trump’s attacks on our public lands, preventing Congress from gutting protections for organic agriculture, and getting bee-killing pesticides out of the food sold in our supermarkets.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with campaigners to create persuasive email advocacy content with a goal of maximizing member engagement and advocacy impact;
- Proofread, load, target, and test organizing and fundraising content in digital advocacy and fundraising CRM Engaging Networks;
- Draft donation page copy and set up donation pages in our donation processing system ActBlue;
- Grow email subscriber list through joint actions, cross promotions, and petition platforms;
- Monitor, analyze, and report on email advocacy metrics;
- Design and run tests to improve the performance of our email program;
- Troubleshoot technical problems in digital advocacy and fundraising CRM Engaging Networks;
- Respond to email inquiries from Friends of the Earth members and activists.
Skills, Qualifications And Knowledge
- SUPERB attention to detail and an excellent memory for detail;
- Talented at working accurately AND quickly while under pressure and with short deadlines;
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, digital or a related field;
- Adept at cross-team collaboration and committed to building consensus;
- Excellent written communication skills, with an emphasis on digital advocacy;
- Meticulous, but not at the expense of efficiency;
- Not intimidated or frustrated by detailed and technical tasks;
- Eager to follow intricate instructions;
- Able to prioritize duties and multitask;
- Experience working with email analytics;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience with Engaging Networks CRM or another CRM preferred
Friends of the Earth offers a competitive salary, based upon experience and responsibilities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail cover letter, resume and samples of your most creative online advocacy projects to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Digital Advocacy Coordinator.” No mail applications or phone calls. The position will remain open until filled.
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.