Employment Support Coordinator
208 West 13th Street
Reports to: Economic Empowerment & Employment Support Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Generally Monday through Friday
Work days and hours may shift depending on scheduling needs; typical schedule will be 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; flexibility required.
Summary: The Employment Support Coordinator is primarily responsible for the planning and implementation of the direct support services that seek to improve economic and educational attainment and socioeconomic status, including access to education, jobs, and housing for TGNC individuals, LGBTQ+ women, and LGBTQ+ immigrants. These services include conducting individual employment support, providing case management, facilitating career-readiness groups, and organizing and implementing workforce development, mentoring, networking, life skills, leadership training, and employer spotlight events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, produce and provide management for all aspects of The Center’s Employment Support programming, including all internal and external programming.
- With the Immigration Support and TGNC Services Coordinators, provide case management support to immigration and TGNC clients enrolled in the Economic Justice Initiatives program at The Center, including writing letters of support for immigration proceedings.
- Maintain a diverse caseload of clients with a range of needs and meet with each client as outlined in the program model.
- Provide one-on-one career coaching to clients enrolled in the Economic Justice Initiatives program at The Center.
- Assist with workshops, events, and networking meetings as needed for all population program areas, including monthly legal clinics, ‘Know Your Rights’ workshops, career exploration events, etc.
- Maintain and update case notes and other administrative duties as assigned by Economic Empowerment & Employment Support Manager.
- Assist with data and evaluation as needed in order to improve the efficacy of Economic Justice Initiatives services at The Center.
- In conjunction with Economic Empowerment & Employment Support Manager and Economic Empowerment Coordinator, manage incoming communication from potential program participants interested in support services across the Economic Justice Initiative team via internal and external referrals.
- Coordinate care with community partners as well as internal programs in order to recruit clients as well as refer clients to appropriate programming.
- Meet specific goals and targets, maintain program evaluation metrics, and deliver reports accordingly.
- Recruit, train, supervise, manage, and mentor volunteers, volunteer committees and temporary event staff and, where applicable, employee resource groups (ERGs).
- Supervise intern placements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a human service, business, or related field preferred
- 2-3 years experience and demonstrated ability and aptitude in employment, job, and career development.
- 2-3 years previous experience and demonstrated ability and aptitude in case management.
- Experience in career coaching or relevant field.
- Excellent leadership, administrative, organization, and written/verbal communication skills; bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Strong commitment to inclusive, multicultural programming; prior experience working with diverse communities.
- A flexible, creative, and assertive self-starter a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues, needs, and interests of LGBTQ+ youth, adults, families, and community, including knowledge of the spectrum of gender identity and transgender issues.
- Experience working effectively in coalitions with diverse communities and an understanding of the intersectionality of oppression.
- A strong commitment to social justice and the mission of The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center.
Minimum Education Required