1156 15th St., NW
District of Columbia
As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 1.2 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
- Engage with pro-choice supporters & voters over the phone, educating them on pro-choice issues, campaigns and candidates.
Best Candidates Will Have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills on the phone and in person
- Ability to follow general script and adjust as needed to audience
- Ability to consistently meet nightly call goals
- Basic computer skills
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Consistently show up on-time for weekly shifts
- Positive attitude, able to be a team player and contribute to a good workplace culture
- Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Supportive of mission and philosophy of NARAL Pro-Choice America.
- Previous electoral phone and/or door canvassing experience, either in a paid or unpaid capacity, is preferred.
We are hiring phone canvassers to support pro-choice candidates and promote pro-choice campaigns & values. We call NARAL Pro-Choice America members and pro-choice voters to educate them on choice issues/campaigns in their state and nationally. We have a welcoming and positive work environment. A strong commitment to reproductive rights and justice is a must. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Category: Field, Political
Job Type: Part-time
Activity Area: Political, Civil Rights Advocacy
Hours: Monday – Wednesday evenings, 6-10 p.m. (12 hours per week)
Start Date: Multiple openings
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Phone Canvasser”.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.