Part Time Contract
Details: Salary for this part-time position is competitive and dependent on prior experience.
This individual will develop fundraising strategies and oversee all fundraising activities of the Foundation, as well as identify new donor bases, directing and coordinating solicitation efforts. He/she will act in coordination with the Executive Director as a liaison with funding partners and outside organizations. This will include but is not limited to developing corporate partnerships, coordinating direct mail campaigns, organizing fundraising events and appeals, and sourcing grant income from family foundations and other similar organizations. The Fundraising Director will manage a team of volunteers to assist in the planning and support of fundraising activities. The Fundraising Director will lead and manage the organization's Fundraising Committee, further developing the organization’s fundraising strategy and goals.
The Fundraising Director will report to the Executive Director. This is a virtual position with periodic travel requirements.
- Devise a fundraising strategy to achieve annual participation and donation goals approved by the Board of Directors in conjunction with the goals outlined in the Strategic Plan
- Lead the implementation and further development of donor processing, communication and appreciation
- Attend the Executive & Board of Directors meetings as well as other Committee meetings upon request
- Be an active participant in strategy planning and work to achieve or exceed a fundraising target
- Coordinate and manage fundraising opportunities across the organization, including community, trust, corporate, major donor and digital fundraising
- Identify key elements of historical grassroots fundraising efforts and build upon this infrastructure
- Establish metrics and toolkits for first-time fundraisers
- Manage and motivate a team of fundraising managers and volunteers across different fundraising functions
- Write or approve funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations
- Attend networking events and meetings with potential donors when approved
- Develop staff and volunteers to help implement a grant writing program for the organization
- Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising progress to the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors when asked by the Executive Directo
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills: The Director of Fundraising will need to make engaging presentations to the Board of Directors, research colleagues or potential donors to the Foundation.
- Networking skills: Must be outgoing and energetic individual with strong inter-personal skills. Capable of engaging and closing sponsorship for the Foundation for its meetings and fundraising events.
- Digital skills: Should have proven experience with peer-to-peer fundraising platforms. Proficiency with social media platforms is preferred.
- Budget management skills: CRF aspires to allocate donations towards research and meeting the mission of the organization. Special attention will need to be made to work effectively with limited resources
Management and financial tasks
- Preparing annual income and expenditure fundraising budgets
- Recording, monitoring and reporting financial progress to the Executive Director
- Administrative duties: updating databases, preparing reports, monitoring income and expenditures
- Recruiting and managing volunteers for fundraising projects
Flexible - work remotely
Level of Language Proficiency
Command of the English language
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and their resume to email@example.com. This is a virtual position. Preferred candidates to reside in the extended Metro-Philadelphia area. We are currently ready to fill the position.