Health Access seeks an experienced Director of Operations & Development to join our senior management team. This full-time position is responsible for organizational planning, development, human resources, finances, and operations for the organization. The position is based in our Sacramento office and is directly supervised by the Executive Director. Some travel is required for Board meetings and between our various offices.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Human Resource management: employee recruitment, new employee orientation and documentation, staff meetings, staff retreats, staff development, staff retention, updating handbook and protocols, etc.
• Manage compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Workers’ Compensation, IRS tax filing and State Unemployment reporting.
• Oversee and supervise financial management of the organization, including oversight of finance manager, audits, payroll, expense reimbursements and budgets.
• Manage employee benefits, including new employee enrollment and yearly health open enrollment processes, reporting, etc.
• Negotiates and manages vendor and subcontractor contracts, property, equipment leases, maintenance contracts, etc.
• Responsible for grant and contract management, including some grant editing, tracking/production coordination of timely grant reports, creating MOUs and contract invoices.
• Oversee IT needs in coordination with our IT vendor in resolving issues, documentation of and issuing equipment, workstation set-up as needed.
• Oversee office space and staff needs.
• Create & Manage Risk Management program and protocols.
• Supervise Finance Manager and Administrative & Legislative Assistant
Qualifications and Requirements:
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience or similar nonprofit management position required
• Bachelor degree and/or equivalent relevant work experience
• An independent thinker, self-motivated, problem solver, and team player with a commitment to excellence
• Ability to build relationships and rapport with colleagues
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong organizational skills, and ability to stay focused with attention to detail
• Strong self-direction and ability to take initiative
• Experience working with senior-level professionals, boards of directors and foundation representatives.
• Success fundraising for non-profits
• Knowledge of Federal and State human resource requirements
• Ability to independently manage diverse and ever-changing administrative projects
• Read, comprehend and write general instructions, professional correspondence, and memos
• Ability to collaborate and participate in complex decision making processes
• Ability to meet multiple, shifting deadlines and priorities with nimbleness and flexibility while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; Quickbooks and Every Action is a plus
• General familiarity with health policy issues, California state politics, and nonprofit advocacy
• Support the organization’s goal of quality, affordable health care for all Californians
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud, as multiple telephone conversations and normal office equipment continue throughout the day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a full-time position that may require work outside of the typical 9-5 workday (i.e. weekend and evening events).
About Health Access:
A nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving quality, affordable health care for all Californians, Health Access is the statewide health care consumer advocacy coalition of organizations representing seniors, children, people with disabilities, immigrants, communities of color, health care professionals, people of faith, labor, and working families. For over 25 years, Health Access has been a leader in the state’s health care reform movement, most recently as the lead coalition working to pass, and then implement, the Affordable Care Act in California. Health Access was the leading sponsor of the California HMO Patient Bill of Rights, the Hospital Fair Pricing Act, and worked to expand and preserve Medi-Cal and Healthy Families health coverage.
Health Access seeks an experienced Director of Operations & Development to join our senior management team. This full-time position is responsible for organizational planning, development, human resources…
Health Access offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including health, life, and disability insurance, 401k savings plan, and a fast-paced but casual work environment.
Health Access offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including health, life, and disability insurance, 401k savings plan, and a fast-paced but casual work…
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Director of Operations & Development position in the subject line.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Director of Operations & Development position in the…