Details: Hourly salary commensurate with experience.
Rocketship Public Schools is a network of public K through 5 charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than educate students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
The Paraprofessional will be responsible for providing individual and small group instruction for students with both special and typical learning needs in the general education environment including, but not limited to: the classroom, recess, and the lunch area. The Paraprofessional will work under the supervision of a certificated Education Specialist who will provide weekly oversight, training and direction.
· Under the direction of the special education case manager, implement individual and small group instruction for students’ special education needs
· Collaborate with students' case managers to assess student progress towards goals on a consistent basis; communicate student progress with case managers and general education teachers
· Implement behavior management strategies during small group and individual instruction in order to support student engagement
· Support the implementation behavior intervention plans that have been developed by students' case managers; Record data for individualized instructional programs and positive behavior support plans.
· A team player who is detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage his/her responsibility with confidence and discretion
· Comfort in a start-up environment with flexibility
· Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
· Passion for working with young children
· At least 2 years of college or passing score on Rocketship's Paraprofessional Assessment required
· Experience working with students with disabilities desired
How to Apply
To submit your resume, cover letter and other materials, please visit http://www.rocketshipschools.org/join-our-team/school-support/special-education-support-opportunities/
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required