The Actors Fund, a nationwide human services organization that helps all professionals in performing arts and entertainment, seeks a Data Systems Analyst to improve the database system, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission. This position will specifically conduct local and national reporting, data analysis, control information flow and data management.
The Data Systems Analyst, Los Angeles will work as a member of the Evaluation Team to create reports, conduct data analysis, and manage The Actors Fund’s data system for Human Services. Under the supervision of the Manager of Program Evaluation, the Data Systems Analyst will also be the first point of contact in the Los Angeles office for staff support and systems troubleshooting. Such duties will include, but are not limited to, data monitoring and reconciliation, granting/removing systems access, systems maintenance and modifications, conducting staff trainings, generating best practice and quality assurance documentation, conducting data research and analysis, presenting data and making recommendations, and problem solving using a variety of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems, Information Technology, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge and professional experience with database management and implementation, including writing customized reports (preferably Efforts to Outcomes; those with KidTrax, Salesforce or other database experience will also be given consideration).
- Experience in outcome management/program evaluation and quality assurance, creating reports, analyzing data, specifically SAP, SQL, or Crystal.
- Ability to both write reports to populate raw data and compile data into visually appealing and detailed charts that tell the story of our work.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (comfortable creating pivot tables, formulas, charts, etc.).
- Knowledge of MS products (Word, PowerPoint, One Drive) and SQL, Crystal Reports.
- Excellent analytic, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work easily within a team of diverse participants as well as be self-directed and take initiative.
- Experience with merged dimensions, writing queries, flattened and unflattened data, context.
- Ability to disaggregate problems and understand complex issues.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and prioritizing workloads, multiple demands, and deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly, ask detailed questions, and think of the larger picture.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence and understanding of APIs.
- Strong customer service approach to problem solving and ability to maintain good working relationships with staff.
- Solid work ethic and an enthusiastic approach to one’s work.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing relevant publications.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner.
- Background in designing, analyzing and summarizing surveys/questionnaires pre/post tests.
This position can be expected to work evening or early morning hours on occasion to meet deadlines or troubleshoot problems.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a full-time salaried position based in the Western Region office in Los Angeles. The Actors Fund offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including: choice of multiple health and dental plan options, voluntary vision, flex and dependent care plans, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, supplemental life and disability, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off and paid parking.
ABOUT THE ACTORS FUND
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services.
For more about The Actors Fund, please visit: www.actorsfund.org.
The Actors Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click on the link above. A complete application will include a resume, cover letter and salary expectations.