Woodstock Farm Sanctuary Seeks Full-Time Administrative Assistant
- Job posted by Woodstock Farm Sanctuary
Details: Pay commensurate with experience
2 Rescue Road
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary Seeks Full-Time Office Associate
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary envisions a peaceful world rooted in respect and justice for all living beings. We rescue farmed animals and give them care and sanctuary, connect animals with people to advance veganism, and advocate for animal rights in alliance with other social justice movements.
At the heart of our mission is the hands-on work of rescuing, rehabilitating and caring for farmed animal refugees, advocating for animal rights, and educating the public about these issues. Located in New York state’s Hudson Valley region 90 minutes from New York City, the area boasts a rich cultural and artistic heritage, offering a rare mix of rural and cosmopolitan resources. We host thousands of visitors every year between our event, tour, and volunteer programs.
The position of Office Associate reports to the Managing Director.
· Answering phones and redirecting calls
· Responding to and redirecting emails received in the general mailbox
· Receiving and distributing mail in-house, as well as preparing out-going mail
· Fulfilling merchandise orders from our online store
· Assisting with store and office supply inventories
· Assisting with store merchandise acquisition
· Coordinate services with facilities vendors (trash/recycling removal, fuel deliveries, bottled/filtered water, phone and Internet service, etc.)
· Procuring office and facilities supplies
· Coordinate technical needs with IT specialist
· Supporting human resources with recruiting and record keeping
· Supporting staff with administrative needs
· Excellent time-management and communication skills
· Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize
· Ability to change gears quickly
· Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
· Commitment to Woodstock Farm Sanctuary’s organizational vision and mission
· General tech savviness is helpful
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position reporting to the Managing Director. Competitive pay and benefits. Schedule is typically business hours Monday – Friday, though some occasional evening or weekend hours may be necessary.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and three references to Jeff Lydon, Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that the number of applicants allows us to respond only to the candidates we are interviewing. No phone calls please.
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer, committed to values of diversity and inclusion.