Details: Growing Home offers competitive compensation packages based on experience.
2732 N. Clark, Ste. 310
The role of the Development Assistant is to support the Development Department as well as Growing Home’s administrative office as a whole by providing administrative, clerical, communications and customer service support to Growing Home’s executive and fundraising staff.
Growing Home, Inc. is a Chicago-based nonprofit with a mission to operate, promote, and demonstrate the use of organic agriculture as a vehicle for job training, employment, and community development. The administrative office at 2732 N. Clark Street is responsible for the fundraising and management of the Employment Training, Urban Farming, and Outreach departments.
Social Media & Communications
· Manage Growing Home’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube accounts. Collect and organize pictures and material for communications, create and schedule daily posts
· Develop and implement social media goals and plans, analyze the efficacy of our social media presence, and prepare reports
· Support development team in other communications including e-newsletters, website, and mailers
· Update and maintain GiftWorks donor database on a daily basis
· Support the development team in donor reporting and research; develop and maintain tracking systems as needed
· Collaborate with development team to support event management, including creating and managing event ticket sales web pages, promoting events, soliciting raffle and auction items, creating guest lists, managing check-in stations, etc…
Accounting and Financial Tracking
· Assist in paying bills; processing and filing accounts receivable and accounts payable; making deposits and deposit reports
· Collect and process credit card receipts and reimbursement requests from all staff
· Reception-related duties, including answering and screening calls, responding to and appropriately forwarding emails and media inquiries, managing mail
· Basic office support tasks, including placing orders, making copies, filing, ordering office supplies, and maintaining general office organization and cleanliness
· Six months or more of demonstrated experience performing related duties in a non-profit/social service setting, with a proven track record of excellence in organization, time management, and attention to detail
· Superior written and verbal communication skills and a good eye for design
· Familiarity with social media and current social media trends
· Professional computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with data management
· Commitment to Growing Home’s mission
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends
· The Assistant will have the bility to travel to, and work from, our Wood St. Urban Farm at 5814 S. Wood St. an average of once a week until the administrative office relocates to Englewood on Chicago’s South Side, where the Development Team will then be based (expected move in late 2018 or early 2019)
All compensation packages include health insurance coverage and generous vacation benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample of 1-3 pages to April Harrington, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “Development Assistant” and all three components should be attached as a single pdf titled, “[first initial, last name]DA.pdf” example: “AHarringtonDA.pdf”. Mailed, hand-delivered, or messengered applications, and incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls please.