Jews United for Justice Seeks Operations Associate (Full Time or Part Time)
- Job posted by Jews United for Justice
Details: or comparable for hourly rate for part time
Jews United for Justice (JUFJ) is a grassroots organization working in the Jewish communities of Greater Washington and Baltimore on local campaigns for social, racial and economic justice. We educate and mobilize progressive Jews to take action on pressing local issues, and to stand proudly alongside our vulnerable neighbors as together we build a more just and equitable community. We work for a just and equitable sharing of resources and opportunities, and a robust democracy that responds to the needs of ordinary people. Established by community members in 1998, JUFJ has grown rapidly in the last five years and now has a full-time staff of 12.
Your core job is making sure our organization works and runs smoothly. The ideal candidate will be energetic and detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must have excellent interpersonal skills, and have the flexibility to solve a range of problems and the discipline to establish systems for the organization.
This new position will report to the Assistant Director for Development and Operations.
This position will be either full time or part time depending on the resources of the organization and on mutual interest.
The Operations Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Make sure our office space works and that our staff has what they need to do their jobs well - including the workspace & setup, supplies, and technology.
- Ensure our systems - everything from financial systems to donor communications to timesheets - meet our needs and are running smoothly.
- Be our database maven - making sure that everything goes into our database quickly and consistently - so that we organize our community more effectively.
- Coordinate the extended administrative and support team - including hiring and supervising work-study students and interns, and managing external vendors like printers and our bookkeeper
- Play a crucial role in planning and organizing our many large community events of 20-400 people.
- Occasional administrative support such as scheduling meetings and calls at key times for senior staff
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage a high volume of work without sacrificing quality.
- Is highly organized, with strong attention to detail – always triple-checks their work.
- Has a strong teamwork orientation - we’re pretty busy here, and your job is to make everyone else’s job go smoothly. You view your work as supporting the whole, and integral to the team’s effectiveness.
- Approaches work with a spirit of “yes.” Has excellent problem-solving skills and a strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Able to effectively plan and prioritize when faced with competing deadlines.
- Enjoys working with technology, has appetite and aptitude to learn more about Excel, Quickbooks, and our database, EveryAction (NGP VAN).
- We are also interested in hearing about other bonus skills you would bring. Are you a writer? Photographer? Videographer? Graphic Designers? Tell us about what else you’ve got!
Salary range is $36,000-$39,000, depending on experience, with excellent benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify if you are interested in full time, part time, or either/both.