Job Summary: The Housing Advocate will support victims of domestic violence with identifying and applying for, safe, secure, and affordable permanent housing, will help clients negotiate rental agreements with landlords, provide advocacy to promote housing retention and provide support and follow-up assistance to program participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist clients with housing intake upon their entry into Jenesse Center;
- Perform a comprehensive needs assessment (screening and intake) for all clients, and in conjunction with the client, develop a plan that is based on the client’s needs, issues and goals;
- Assist clients with obtaining permanent housing;
- Provide mobile support, advocacy and coordination of services to clients after they obtain permanent housing;
- Provide follow-up to clients to ensure they are able to maintain permanent housing once it has been obtained;
- Provide crisis intervention, life skills counseling and basic case management services to survivors of domestic violence;
- Develop effective, trusting relationships with clients with a focus on facilitating their move towards independence;
- Provide information, referrals and social services advocacy to the client, as needed;
- Maintain accurate documentation of client information, service delivery, goal plan, progress notes, etc.; Complete appropriate paperwork in an efficient and timely manner;
- Network with agency and outside service providers, ensuring client access to appropriate resources;
- Attend training and other staff meetings as required;
- Provide outreach to community partners and other service agencies;
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must support Jenesse's mission and philosophy and be able to function within a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic crisis center setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be drug-free, non-alcohol abusing and able to work in a smoke free environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Must complete 40 Hour Domestic Violence Certification course.
Minimum Education Required