AMERICORPS VISTA | Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator
- Job posted by Variety Boys & Girls Club of Queens, Inc.
21-12 30th Road
From humble beginnings more than 60 years ago, the Variety Boys and Girls Club of Queens (VBGCQ) uplifts and empowers young people to discover their passions and cultivate their futures. We specialize in providing children of all ages with the highest quality programming and pride ourselves in being the largest youth development organization in Western Queens, serving over 4,000 young people each year. Whether a child dreams of becoming a ballerina, an astronaut, or an all-star athlete, our programs support them in realizing their aspirations.
The Variety Boys and Girls Club of Queens seeks a motivated and detail oriented individual to join the Development Department as the VISTA Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator. The VISTA Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator will support all communications and resource development efforts of the Club. This role will be instrumental in refining and executing an annual communications plan that will involve social media outlets, email blasts, direct mail pieces and public relations. The VISTA member will also ensure that our programs are supported by consistent and committed volunteers through spearheading wide scale recruitment and retention efforts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan a calendar of regular communications segmented for our various constituents (donors, volunteers, partners, parents) that includes frequency, type, cost and goals for each communication effort.
- Spearhead and create compelling content to include in the organization’s communication pieces on social media, eblasts, direct mail and blog.
- Develop press releases and pitch newsworthy stories to local press outlets.
- Track outreach and engagement of our communications plan in Salesforce, the agency’s customer relationship management software.
- Formalize the club’s weekday and weekend volunteer opportunities including outlining roles, responsibilities, requirements and clearance process.
- Spearhead volunteer recruitment through in person and online outlets such as on-site orientations, corporate tabling opportunities, corporate service days, community board meetings, partnering community based organizations, google adwords, blog posts, etc.
- Devise an outreach plan for volunteer retention based on the number of hours volunteered at the club and evaluation measures to assess volunteer satisfaction.
- Track volunteer hours in Salesforce and publish shifts and applications on the agency’s website.
- Prepare and submit foundation proposals.
- Support all aspects of event planning and coordination including cultivation and fundraising events
- Prepare background materials and coordinate meetings with individual donors.
- Ensure the volunteer and donor management system is up to date with all event, foundation, volunteer and donor related data.
This is an exciting opportunity to enhance systems, exercise creativity and build relationships for a growing youth development organization. Variety Boys & Girls Club of Queens offers a rewarding chance to give back and as a team member you’ll receive benefits, a great place to serve, and the opportunity to springboard a prosperous career. Top candidates demonstrate a passion for youth development, and strongly believe in our vision and values.
We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, and we commit to investing in and supporting our amazing people to grow their careers with us. As such, we provide ongoing professional development opportunities as well as the following benefits:
- $26,779 Annual Compensation ($18,127 Yearly Living Allowance; $7,200 Yearly Rental Subsidy)
- Unlimited Metro Card ($1,452 Value)
- 10-sick days, 10-vacation days & any additional days that our club is closed.
- Choice of End of Service Education Award ($5,920) or Cash Stipend (approx. $1,800)
- Relocation Allowance for Long Distance Candidates (over 50 miles)
- Childcare Assistance (if eligible)
- Health insurance, including dental and vision coverage available, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Passion for nonprofit fundraising and volunteer management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail, manage multiple projects and respond timely with deadlines
- Excellent team player and be open to working in a fluid, fast paced environment with the ability to be flexible and adjust to claiming demands
- Proven participation and ability to work collaboratively with internal team members and management staff for the purposes of achieving goals/objectives
- Previous experience with Mailchimp and Squarespace preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by the latest June 1, 2018. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible.