At the Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA), we believe that, in order to fully actualize their abilities, children require strong academic and personal development programs provided by skilled educators, administrators, and professionals. IEA is not limited to one approach to learning, but seeks the best strategy for each individual child. As one of the nation’s leading organizations for gifted and talented youth, we are committed to the whole child, inspiring students to grow and find balance among all five aspects of self: intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, and physical. www.EducationalAdvancement.org
IEA is seeking a Development Coordinator who will work with the president, executive team, and staff to develop and implement a comprehensive and proactive stewardship and donor communications program, cultivate new relationships with potential donors and foundations, and help build IEA’s visibility, impact, and financial resources to maximize the organization’s development, marketing, and outreach efforts. Candidates must be committed to the long-term success of IEA's mission, program goals, and constituents.
The Development Coordinator will work closely with other team members to secure funding for current and new initiatives. The Coordinator will create and implement stewardship plans for major benefactors and endowment donors, and provide communication materials to support development and marketing activities. In addition, they will work to support board members in taking on a more active fundraising role.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and tools that enable and encourage best practices and consistency in the identification, acknowledgement, recognition, and reporting to key stakeholders across all fundraising program areas;
- Manage donor stewardship involving the President, the Chairman of the Board, and Program managers;
- Participate in strategy discussions and recommend and coordinate next actions for stewardship of and communication with donors, working closely with foundation gift officers and management of major gifts;
- Direct the grants process, prepare impact reports, and fulfill reporting obligations in conjunction with the finance office;
- Ensure recognition of all donors, create personalized correspondence as appropriate, and perform regular audits of communication efforts to ensure highest quality and timeliness of stewardship interaction;
- Collaborate with development services, finance, and IT on systems and tools that ensure best practices in fundraising efforts;
- Maintain accurate and transparent records regarding prospects and donors;
- Partner with Marketing and Outreach teams to maximize recognition opportunities in various publications and events, and facilitate changes regarding development and marketing initiatives on the website and other platforms;
- Monitor and expand a repository of stories and testimonials for use in publications to help reinforce the impact of philanthropy;
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors as requested; and
- Help identify and facilitate fundraising and donor recognition events, which may include some evening and weekend work, and some travel.
College degree with a minimum of three years of development experience required. Experience in communications, marketing, writing, and project management is desirable. Fundraising expertise is essential; knowledge of nonprofit educational organizations is a plus. Writing samples will be required.
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing experience for the full-range of development activities;
- Convey information about IEA with passion and enthusiasm;
- Work collaboratively across entire IEA, internally and externally;
- Good decision-making skills, industrious, willing to search out answers;
- Knowledge of principles and techniques relevant to major gift fundraising;
- High degree of organization and attention to detail;
- Take initiative on new assignments, self-directed efforts towards timely completion of projects;
- Strong prioritizing and task management abilities;
- Utilize and protect confidential information;
- Advanced skills in MS Office, with a strong proficiency in Excel and development software.
Minimum Education Required