Encounter seeks candidates for a Senior Program Manager to join our Jerusalem-based team. This is an exciting opportunity for a detail- and goal-oriented, self-starting, seasoned educator with a passion for overseeing and executing an ambitious programmatic agenda. The Senior Program Manager will be a key partner to Encounter’s Regional Director and will be responsible for creating and overseeing systems to ensure seamless program development, management, implementation, and quality control for all of Encounter’s executive and emerging leaders’ field programs. The target candidate possesses exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, projects confidence and competence, and is able to work both independently and as a member of a high-performance, collaborative team.
- Program Development & Management:
- Oversee all operational aspects of Encounter’s Intensive Leadership Seminars, private, and commissioned programs
- Develop and design itineraries for all programs
- Create and manage project plans, assign tasks, and hold other staff accountable for completion
- Oversee program implementation, ensuring seamless functioning and operational success
- Design, plan, and implement other program components including preparatory webinars, hevruta pairings and prompts, etc.
- Serve as key externally facing staff member on all programs, including directing the group and facilitating sessions
- Speaker Cultivation and Booking: Oversee outreach, cultivation, and booking of Palestinian speakers, guides, and cultural offerings for all programs
- Participant Communications: Craft and send all pre- and post-travel emails to program cohort listservs; Serve as primary contact with participants up to and during program
- Security: Serve as primary contact with security team prior to and throughout each program to determine, implement, and track all security services
- Private & Commissioned Programs: Field inquiries, design, and implement private and commissioned programs
- 3-5 years work experience in educational programming and/or program planning
- Strong identification with Encounter’s mission, vision, and values
- Strong skills and experience managing projects and programs, setting goals and outcomes, and measuring results
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, assertive, decisive, and flexible; thrives in a highly demanding environment
- Functions well under pressure and in rapidly changing situations; able to make good decisions in moments of stress and/or tension
- Excellent time management skills
- Sensitivity to complexities and challenges that surface around the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Nuanced understanding of Jewish and Palestinian communities, and familiarity with Jewish texts and traditions
- Working knowledge of Hebrew and/or Arabic a plus
- Tech savvy; easily and quickly learns new processes and systems
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter (PDF format) to email@example.com and indicate your name and "Senior Program Manager" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Encounter. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls. Encounter is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive salaries and benefits.