Plastic Pollution Coalition (PPC) is a global alliance of individuals, organizations, businesses and policymakers working toward a world free of plastic pollution and its toxic impact on humans, animals, waterways, oceans and the environment.
PPC was founded in 2009 as a platform to amplify a common message through strategic planning and communication. Our more growing coalition of more than 750-member organizations, businesses and notable individuals seek to increase awareness and understanding of the plastic pollution problem, and to find sustainable solutions. We aim to empower more people and more organizations to act to stop plastic pollution and to live plastic-free.
This is a great opportunity for an Executive Assistant to join a non-profit organization working to make a real difference in the world.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a cohesive, highly motivated team and will work in a fast paced and collaborative environment. He/she will support the CEO and Office Administrator.
Location:Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: CEO & Office Administrator
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for supporting the CEO. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
● Manage CEO’s calendar, arrange and confirm appointments/speaking engagements, and adapt quickly to changes and conflicts that may arise.
● Manage travel arrangements for CEO, which includes booking flights, hotels and rental cars, as well as preparing and maintaining travel itineraries.
● Support CEO task and schedule tracking; Assist with meeting preparation, including research and agendas; and follow up as required.
● Take meeting and call notes and ensure timely follow-up.
● Prepare draft communications by mail or email as assigned.
● Help develop and manage database for business cards and new contacts.
● General office duties, including answering phones and directing callers to the appropriate staff; maintain neat and presentable office; maintain office resources and resupply as necessary.
● Assist with filing, organization and content management.
● Track/organize receipts and preparing expenses reports.
● Fundraising and event support, as needed.
● Provide general hardware and software technical assistance, as needed.
● Additional duties & support, as needed.
● 2-3 years of professional work experience in an independent office environment.
● Mac Proficient; Experience using Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Calendar) and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
● Experience with scheduling and making travel arrangements.
● Skilled in organizing and prioritizing competing time demands to ensure the ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
● Multi-task oriented with an energetic hands-on approach.
● Professional demeanor.
● Strong organizational and project management skills.
● Self-motivated with ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and tasks.
● Exceptional multi-tasking capabilities with ability to meet numerous deadlines.
● Pro-active with the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
● Flexibility to respond and adapt to a fast-paced work environment in a non-traditional office structure.
● Excellent spelling, writing, and proofreading skills with an eye for quality and detail.
● A high degree of ethics and standards of personal conduct.
● A good sense of humor and positive attitude.
● Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred.
● Passion and dedication to PPC’s vision of a world free from plastic pollution is appreciated.
● This is a full-time position.
● Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email a resume and cover letter indicating your experience and interest in this position to: email@example.com COB October 1, 2018.
Please note: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early, as this position may close if the suitable candidate is found before the deadline.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required