Housing Unlimited provides affordable independent housing in Montgomery County, MD, for adults in mental health recovery. The position includes broad management responsibilities within the housing program.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Property Manager has responsibility for the following primary goals:
- Management of a subset of properties of the Housing Unlimited affordable rental inventory
- Assist in public education and communications, fundraising and general administration as needed
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meet with prospective tenants to conduct lease signings, orientations and move-in inspections
- Carry out engaging, respectful conversations with Housing Unlimited tenants on an ongoing basis to build rapport and trust among tenants
- Meet with outgoing tenants and conduct move-out inspections
- Conduct weekly inspections of common areas and bimonthly inspections of bedrooms in Housing Unlimited homes
- Respond promptly to Housing Unlimited tenant requests for information and assistance
- Quickly and professionally respond to property-related and tenant-related crisis situations
- Quickly and professionally respond to after-hours emergency calls relating to tenants in crisis every third month
- Coordinate enrollment of tenants in the county’s Rental Assistance Program
- Ensure tenants have paid rent on time and in compliance with Housing Unlimited's sliding rent formula
- Ensure tenants receive timely notification of late rent, lease violations, and eviction actions.
- Promptly carry out direct, respectful conversations with tenants about late rent, property damage, lease violations, eviction and court actions.
- Maintain professional relationships with agency partners including the Montgomery County Core Services Agency, Cornerstone Montgomery, Family Services, and the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless.
- Promptly respond to sensitive inquiries from neighbors, condo association staff, etc.
- Assist in updating key tenant database
- Supervise Program Associates as assigned
- Assist with Housing Unlimited special events including the Welcome Home Celebration and Help the Homeless mini-walks
- Assist senior staff in production of newsletter, annual report, and annual appeal
- Represent Housing Unlimited from time to time at relevant conferences, information fairs, government meetings, and community meetings
- Coordinate and lead site visits at Housing Unlimited homes with stakeholders
- Assist in social media tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision and Direction
The Property Manager reports directly to and receives an annual performance evaluation from the Director of Property Management.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The candidate must have an automobile for use on the job and liability insurance at a minimum level of 100/300K.
Candidate must be able to visit Housing Unlimited homes with another staff member at least 1x per week
- Personal Protective Equipment is provided by Housing Unlimited
- Staff are given the opportunity to schedule time to work in the office but it is not required. All requests must be approved ahead of time by the COO