Details: Salary to be determined by skill set and experience
185 East Church Street
West Business Development Center is a nonprofit 501(c)(3), business development organization providing one-on-one business counseling and workshops to targeted communities for economic and social empowerment. Its focus is on entrepreneurship, asset building, financial literacy and market development in a rural economy. We support budding entrepreneurs and existing business owners throughout Mendocino& Lake County, CA. We provide advice to government agencies, and financial institutions on building economic development programs that reduce poverty and provide equal access to entrepreneurship resources that enable people to build thriving communities.
Role of the Marketing Coordinator
This part-time position creates digital content and distribution of promotions for West Business Development Center’s social and digital channels. Attention to details, respect for deadlines and a passion for social engagement a must. This part-time (25 hour week) position is a coordinator role with an ability to grow as services demand. Curiosity and enthusiasm for storytelling is encouraged. This position reports directly to CEO but works closely with staff and consultant advisors to secure content and stories.
As an integral part of the West Center team, the marketing coordinator works cooperatively with the all staff to support the organizations strategic goals through diverse, accurate and relevant content.
Essential Job Functions
· Oversee all owned social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) including daily content posting and monthly analytic reports
· Build and manage editorial calendar and posting schedule that drives web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Maintain all website updates in a timely fashion
- Maintains a monthly editorial calendar
- Compiles and distributes Bi monthly report to staff on digital/social/email analytics
· Communicate with all team members to gather any stories worth posting and create buzz that compliments our strategy and helps achieve our goals
- Monitor, analyze and moderate social channels natively and via social tools.
- Crafts and posts press releases/news/announcements, and other timely information for external web properties including calendars, list serves, supporting 3rd party organizational site
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all posted information and troubleshoot issues with all digital properties (websites, landing pages, analytics, etc.)
• Excellent writing and editing skills, copywriting experience is essential
• Highly organized and a self-motivated storyteller
• 2-3+ years social media management experience, and web (square space, word press) experience is a plus
• Knowledge of social trends and #hashtag and influencer marketing
• Strong communications skills - able to take verbal direction and delivery with minimal management
• Intermediate photography skills via mobile device or with a professional camera
• Passion for social media and staying up to date on technology trends
· Travel around the county as needed
· Work in a team environment, contributing to ideas, inspire new concepts and taking initiative to deliver
· Organize workload to ensure responsibilities are carried out in a timely manner.
· Manage competing deadlines, short-term deadlines, and frequent changes/additions to planned schedules.
· Be accurate and detailed oriented.
· Use Microsoft Office Suite and Social media management software to schedule work, maintain records and provide data.
Minimum Education/ Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. Experience working as an administrative assistant.
Desirable Education/Experience: Associate or Bachelor Degree in Marketing and Communications, Journalism or computer science
Level of Language Proficiency
English speaking and writing is a must. Spanish speaking and writing ability strongly desired.
Minimum Education Required