Title: Grant Writer
Overall Responsibilities: Reporting to the Senior Grants Manager and under the direction of the Director of Development, the Grant Writer is responsible for supporting Project Renewal’s institutional fundraising goals. The Grant Writer will write and submit multidisciplinary grant proposals and funding reports—ranging in size, scope, and complexity—to a wide array of foundation, corporate, and other funding agencies and organizations. The Grant Writer will also be responsible for grants tracking and management, as well as contribute to prospecting efforts.
This position will have goals to produce a specific number of quality proposals and reports in alignment with the organization’s annual development plan and the Grants Calendar. The Grant Writer will collaborate with the Senior Grants Manager, Development Team, and Program Directors to develop strongly positioned proposals that can be marketed effectively and align with Project Renewal’s priority investment areas. All work is to be completed with standard supervision, confidentiality, integrity, and good judgment in accordance with organization standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties of the Grant Writer include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Writing high-quality, persuasive grant proposals and reports for foundation and corporate funders
· Developing grant budgets in concert with Senior Grants Manager, program staff, and/or finance team
· Building strong working relationships with appropriate program staff
· Maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date Raiser’s Edge profiles for institutional organizations; tracking new and completed projects via the Grants Calendar
· Identifying and forecasting trends and preferences in foundation and corporate fundraising
· Researching and identifying new funding sources
· Supporting other Development and communications projects as needed
· Minimum bachelor’s degree
· 2+ years of experience writing substantive grant proposals and/or communications materials, preferably for a social services nonprofit
· Strong knowledge of procedures for private grant proposal submissions, funder selection criteria, and post-award funder expectations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet overlapping deadlines while maintaining a professional work style
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· The ability to work collaboratively and independently, both in the office and virtually
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs; familiarity with fundraising databases a plus
Finalists for this position will be required to provide a portfolio of relevant, written work and/or participate in a writing exercise as part of the interview process.
Title: Grant Writer
Overall Responsibilities: Reporting to the Senior Grants Manager and under the direction of the Director of Development, the Grant Writer is responsible for supporting Project Renewal’s…
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); FSAs (health care, dependent care & commuter expenses); Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Generous Paid Vacation, Personal Days, Sick and Holidays
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance;403(b); FSAs (health care, dependent care &…