13420 Van Nuys Boulevard
The Youth Policy Institute seeks a Program Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of workforce programs in our WorkSource Center. The Program Manager will work as part of a team to provide employment services to formerly incarcerated individuals as part of PACTeam model to prepare clients for careers.
Project imPACT serves the San Fernando Valley region through YPI's Workforce Development Department, providing employment services for formerly incarcerated adults (referred to as Fellows). Services are provided by the PACTeam (employment services provider, a legal services provider and mental health/substance abuse services provider). YPI services include: intake/assessment, peer mentorship/peer navigation, facilitating a cognitive behavioral therapy curriculum, employment services (job training/placement, soft skills development). This is an
opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those transitioning as well as their families and the community. The Program Manager will provide critical support to the Director and Assistant Director to ensure the effectiveness of grants.
- Provide overall support to employment program and staff. Manage, hire, train, and develop staff.
- Daily troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Provide regular outcome and evaluation reports to the Assistant Director.
- Handle client complaint issues to meet a solution in a timely manner.
- Willing to work with formerly incarcerated population.
- Develop partnerships and maintain collaborative working relationships with businesses, training providers, and partner agencies to increase participants resource to improve their marketable skills for job placement.
- Quality review of client files.
- Conduct weekly/monthly staff meetings (1:1 Check Ins).
- Develop programs and activities to motivate participant’s participation and retention.
- Submit supporting documents of leveraged opportunities to Assistant Director.
- Ensure supportive services and incentives have supporting documentation and uphold accuracy and allowable cost measures.
- Make appropriate referrals/resources based on need including but not limited to: to improve college and career services; and financial literacy, medical and dental care, mental health counseling, emergency services, and other city and community programs.
- Be knowledgeable of all department grants.
- Conduct performance evaluations every year and maintain an accurate supervisory log for reference.
- Attend and co-facilitate Workforce Development Department meetings.
- Report updates and findings pertaining to program operation at departmental meetings.
- Report workplace injuries and illnesses promptly via the appropriate forms.
- Collect and review timesheets for accuracy. Submit timesheets according to deadlines.
- Conduct Workshops.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in social work or related field preferred Two years’ experience providing case management services preferred.
- Excellent communication written skills.
- Exceptional organizational skill; attention to detail; ability to prioritize; ability to meet deadlines; ability to multi-task; strong problem-solving ability.
- Experience working with individuals with diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Leadership experience working with community social service and health organizations strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- WIOA knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- If applicable, will be required to present current California driver license, proof of acceptable driving record (DMV H-6 printout), and liability auto insurance.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter organized and detail-oriented. Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively with all staff.
- Ability to maintain composure even in very difficult situations.
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Job requires being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Agency sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage with percentage of paid premium for employee. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at an additional cost to the employee.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Employer paid Employee Assistant Program.
- Option to participate in AFLAC.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all eligible employees.
- Thirteen annually paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
- Agency-issued laptop and case.
- Option to have company-issued cell phone or agency will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for YPI business for eligible positions.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Monthly well-being challenges.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit www.ypiusa.org to apply or click on link below. A completed application and resume are required for consideration.
YPI’s mission is to create opportunities for low-income families and communities through technology, education and training services
YPI is an equal opportunity employer