Assistant Director, Global Communications and Media Relations
- Job posted by Council on Foreign Relations
58 East 68th St
The Assistant Director is part of a team that is responsible for communications and media strategy for the CFR President.
The major responsibilities of this position will include:
- Serve as a media coordinator for the CFR president.
- Work with the executive office and the Managing Director of Global Communications to devise and execute the president’s media strategy.
- Field media requests, place op-eds, and promote books for the president.
- Serve as a member of the communications team: write news releases, media guides, newsletter stories, and other content.
- Oversee select on-the-record events in New York, press briefings, and media conference calls.
- Assist in marketing and media outreach, as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience in communications and/or international affairs.
- Degree in a related field with coursework in international affairs.
- Proven knowledge of U.S. foreign policy and international affairs.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of news media, including social media.
- Outstanding written and communication skills and experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively and proactively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
CFR provides a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions. It is committed to a balanced life for its staff, and offers generous leave policies and health insurance programs, as well as professional development training.
Minimum Education Required