62 Summer Street
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) seeks an experienced development professional to manage both its general appeal and leadership annual giving programs. This person will serve as an integral member of a nine-member development team, working collaboratively with major gifts, research, events and operations staff. The Individual Giving Manager will also work with CLF’s State and Program Directors across New England. This position reports to the Vice President for Development and is based in Boston, MA.
What you’ll do
The Individual Giving Manager is responsible for growing the pipeline of donors giving less than $25,000 through multiplatform solicitation and cultivation programs. This position is charged with the stewardship and solicitation of $1,000+ annual leadership donors who are not managed within the major gifts program. The Individual Giving Manager will set metric-based strategies to grow performance of the program, with encouragement to innovate. In addition, this position will work closely with the Communications Department and Events Manager to plan and execute cost-effective donor relations and acquisition programs.
You’ll help us to:
- Implement a comprehensive, year-long annual giving strategy, including direct mail, phone, personal visitation, and volunteer engagement;
- Work with communications and other development staff to plan and coordinate the annual appeal schedule, including development of appeal copy and appropriate collateral; upgrade techniques and outreach to new and lapsed donors; provide ongoing analysis of progress;
- Oversee and grow the Advocate’s Society, CLF’s giving society for $1,000+;
- Oversee and grow the Champion’s Club, CLF’s monthly giving program;
- Develop a pipeline of major gift prospects and donors through the identification, research, cultivation and solicitation of annual gifts;
- Review acknowledgements and special correspondence to ensure they reflect CLF’s style, content and giving level;
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers across the region on all personal contact with donors regarding their annual gift: reminder calls, thank you calls, etc.;
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing a membership, annual giving, or direct mail program;
- Proven track record in developing strategies, implementing plans, and assessing results in a goal-oriented environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are expected, including the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as superior organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience and a high degree of proficiency working with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database, as well as the Microsoft Office suite;
- Willingness to travel to state offices within New England;
- Strong work ethic coupled with the ability to be flexible in a dynamic work setting;
- Good sense of humor.
You might like to know
Conservation Law Foundation protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive, and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com. Please make “CLF Individual Giving Manager” the subject of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
CLF embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.