Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide all forms of direct service to students including, but not limited to intake/assessment, referrals, advocacy.
- Complete initial student profile and budget for use by Case Workers.
- Assist in the daily management of the Social Service office organization such as typing, copying, filing, data management and mailings.
- Manage the daily operations of the food and diaper pantry.
- Manage the distribution and documentation of food and diapers to students.
- Stay abreast of social services available to students in the city. Communicate information to staff and students as appropriate.
- Develop strong working relationship and contact list with frequently used city agencies. Represent MLC in a professional manner, advocating for student services when appropriate.
- Conduct home visits as requested by Director of Operations.
- Maintain social services literature rack and boards. Ensure information is current, organized and neatly displayed. Assist students in interpreting information as necessary.
- Refer students requesting vocational counseling to Vocational Counselor. Act as back-up to Counselor and Case Workers when requested. This includes assisting students in completing job or college applications, on-site support for filling out job applications or interviews, etc.
- Receive daily supervision from Director of Operations. Maintain regular communication with Case Workers and College and Career Counselor regarding work activities.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Participate in professional staff development activities
- Work in a collaborative style; supportive of all areas of the Center
- Assist President in any additional work as needed
- Associates Degree in related field.
- Experience in the provision of Social Services.
- Highly motivated, creative with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide comprehensive, intensive services to those most in need, including acting as a strong advocate.
- Excellent computer skills a must.
- Ability to work with a group or independently.
- Must have valid driver's license and access to own reliable transportation with proof of insurance.
- Fluency in Spanish and English – Strong oral and written skills in both languages essential.