Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment–political and financial –in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
The Manager, Policy and Advocacy plays a role in helping to shape and implement Women Deliver’s policy and advocacy strategic undertakings, as well as manage the Deliver for Good campaign activities with a focus on work carried out by partners in Senegal and Kenya. In this new role, the Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Policy and Advocacy (Deliver for Good).
- Serves as team lead providing oversight, supportive supervision and engagement, and technical guidance to the Women Deliver country focal points in the execution of country work with country grantees and country-stakeholders/coalition members for the Deliver for Good campaign efforts in Kenya, Senegal, and soon-to-be India.
- Oversees the Women Deliver country focal points in their day-to-day execution of the grant deliverables with the grantees and country stakeholders/coalitions.
- Provides leadership for Women Deliver country focal points and local partners on advocacy outreach efforts by providing guidance and support to the development of meeting agendas, evidence-based policy briefs, presentations, advocacy statements, toolkits, talking points, responses to relevant advocacy moments with messages and materials –all in service of the Deliver for Good campaign objectives and priorities.
- Oversees in-depth landscape analyses to inform Women Deliver’s country advocacy efforts within the designated issue areas, related to the Deliver for Good campaign.
- Manages the development and implementation of plans for strategic activities including, but not limited to: engagement at Women Deliver’s 2019 conference; Deliver for Good country-level events; thematic meetings; country consultations and convenings; and other advocacy events around key calendar dates.
- Provides technical guidance and quality assurance on advocacy and policy work for Women Deliver, as it relates to issues featured in the Deliver for Good campaign across the Deliver for Good countries.
- Provides grant management for national-level grantees with administrative and financial oversight and budgeting, in coordination with the leadership of Women Deliver’s Policy and Advocacy Team.
- Leads the development of donor reports, grant proposals, and other documents as necessary in support of the Deliver for Good campaign country advocacy work, in coordination with Women Deliver’s Policy and Advocacy team leaders.
- Oversees the monitoring, evaluation, and learning elements of the Deliver for Good campaign related to country advocacy work.
- Oversees the development of materials and advocacy trainings for partners and key stakeholders as it relates to the Deliver for Good campaign in country, in close coordination with the Women Deliver country focal points.
- Participates in, organizes and presents at various events, meetings, and conferences connected to the development and execution of Deliver for Good campaign priorities as it relates to the country work.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS required in a related field such as public health, international relations, gender studies, political science, or human rights. Master’s degree preferred.
- 6-8 years of work experience, working with diverse cultures on global health or international development advocacy campaigns, programs, or initiatives.
- At least four years prior experience managing advocacy and policy campaigns at the country level (in more than one country) with demonstrated success and policy wins.
- Demonstrated experience with country advocacy campaign design and implementation.
- French language skills required.
- Ability to engage with high-level decision-makers in country, including Heads of State, Ministers, and Members of Parliament, while also being adept at engaging with grassroots women’s organizations and supporting country focal points as they navigate these relationships.
- Field-based experience, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa, working with local stakeholders such as Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), UN Agencies, and/or local government.
- Experience working in and guiding coalitions at the country level and global level and managing stakeholder engagement.
- At least two years’ experience with budgeting, grant management and sub-grant management, monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL) and contract management.
- At least two years proven experience managing staff, consultants, and diverse project teams, remotely and in person.
- Comfort in public speaking including events, webinars, and trainings.
- Solid experience evaluating quantitative and qualitative research with the ability to discern high-quality data sources.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically with stakeholders, within different cultures, and organizations to ensure productive partnerships, including Women Deliver leadership, Women Deliver staff, global Advisory Group partners and donor counterparts.
- Ability to design and implement creative, analytical approaches to improve programs and projects in developing country contexts.
- Ability to translate technical reports and research into materials for non-technical audiences.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and adaptability, coupled with a congenial and open disposition.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and adept in creating professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; up to 40%.
- Superb writing and editing skills, and professional communication and presentation skills in English.
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: email@example.com