1110 Vermont Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Are you a highly self-motivated individual with experience establishing and managing partnerships designed to help companies do good in the world? Are you ready to join a dynamic and mission-oriented team? If so, you may be the right person for this job.
GlobalGiving was the first global philanthropic crowdfunding platform. Our mission is to transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change. We think of it as creating a virtuous circle of good by working with nonprofits, individual donors, and companies to enhance the effectiveness of locally-led organizations in hundreds of communities around the world. Our work with companies on their community and employee engagement, grantmaking, and cause marketing programs has fueled our growth. It also actively contributes to the long-term sustainability of both GlobalGiving and the thousands of global nonprofits with which we work. We deliver effective giving programs for the world's most influential companies, including Nike, Ford Motor Company, and Facebook. We also work with dozens of small and midsized companies.
The Business Partnerships Manager is a key member of the team responsible for GlobalGiving growing its roster of revenue-generating relationships and to manage a ongoing partnerships with companies. The Business Partnerships Manager is a member of the Business Development (BD) team and works closely with GlobalGiving’s operations and marketplace teams to structure and implement corporate programs. The Business Partnerships Manager reports to the Chief Business Partnerships Officer and works closely with the Managing Director of Strategic Partnerships.
Your primary responsibilities
● Identify high-potential prospects through research, strategic outreach, and relationship building. (60%)
○ Develop relationships with prospective corporate partners, closing new partnerships that drive both mission and financial sustainability; directly contribute to the team’s $3+ million earned revenue goal.
○ Attend conferences and other events, representing GlobalGiving to improve GlobalGiving’s visibility among corporate giving, cause marketing and employee giving and volunteering managers.
○ Stay current on CSR, corporate philanthropy, and giving trends and use this information in the service of meeting team’s goals.
● In coordination with the rest of the prospecting team, manage the pipeline for corporate and other institutional prospects within the BD team. (10%)
○ Lead cross-functional efforts (sometimes including third parties outside GlobalGiving) to deliver on existing and growing programs, and lead implementation/execution of new partnerships.
○ Utilize Salesforce and other internal tools to maintain a real-time snapshot of relationships and forecast future revenue opportunities.
● Manage relationships with high-profile, sometimes highly demanding companies in a way that contributes demonstrably to GlobalGiving's sustainability and mission (30%)
○ Provide “committed to wow” level of service to partners.
○ Oversee program delivery across GlobalGiving teams, including the vetting and grants team, operations, tech and program teams.
○ Bring value to our nonprofit partners through creative corporate partnerships.
You are the right person if you have
- 3+ years experience in corporate giving, social sector software solution sales, and/or international giving partnerships; experience and familiarity with crowdfunding platforms a plus
- Proven success developing and presenting proposals to institutional partners/funders
- Preference for, and experience in, working in a self-motivated way in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, often coordinating quickly with decision makers
- A strong marketing orientation, with a demonstrated understanding of where GlobalGiving's approach fits in the philanthropic and international development ecosystem
- Validated organizational ability, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar contact management systems and other workflow management tools, including Metabase, Confluence or similar
- Enthusiasm about traveling - primarily domestically ~20% of the time
- A sense of humor, love of good food and music a plus
Benefits include flexible work hours, a convenient downtown DC location, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped rescue 97 girls from bonded labor in Nepal." (One of many true stories.) And don't worry - we've also got the usual benefits like health care, dental/vision, commuter benefits, 401K, and paid vacation.
Minimum Education Required