Details: Canadian Dollars
2 Carlton Street
Historica Canada is the country’s largest organization dedicated to enhancing awareness of Canada’s history and citizenship. Some of Historica Canada’s signature programs are: Encounters with Canada, The Heritage Minutes, The Memory Project, The Citizenship Challenge and The Canadian Encyclopedia. For more information, visit www.historicacanada.ca.
Historica Canada’s Bilingual Program Officer for The Memory Project Speakers Bureau will be an individual who is passionate about the work of the organization, has had experience working with a team to achieve deliverables in a timely fashion and is enthusiastic about celebrating and promoting the stories of Canada’s history and identity. The successful candidate is creative, driven, and connected with like-minded organizations in the public, private and non-profit sectors. This position reports to the Manager.
The responsibilities of the Bilingual Program Officer include:
· Coordinating events involving students, veterans, currently serving Canadian Forces, educators, community leaders, politicians and ministers;
· Supporting the coordinator during events planned for students, currently serving Canadian Forces, educators, community leaders, politicians and ministers;
· Initiating and carry out outreach campaigns to encourage Veterans and currently serving Canadian Forces to become volunteers;
· Reaching out with a variety of communications tools to encourage educators from across Canada to make requests for speakers;
· Giving presentations to large groups of veterans, currently serving Canadian Forces and educators to encourage them to join the Bureau and book volunteers;
· Assisting in development and execution of a strategic marketing and communications plan to increase the number of speakers and groups engaged in the program;
· Supporting the Program Coordinator in building and maintaining a diverse set of community partners;
· Assisting with the development of learning tools for use in classrooms and communities;
· Assisting with the creation and development of promotional materials as well as ad placement;
· Designing and distribute a bilingual biannual newsletter to more than 2,000 Veterans, community organizations and Veterans’ associations;
· Updating and managing database and documents as related to the archive and volunteer database;
· Other administrative duties as assigned.
· A completed university degree in the arts, social sciences, education or other relevant education and experience;
· High level of bilingualism is required comprehension, oral and written (English and French);
· 2-3 years professional experience, with at least 1 to 2 years’ experience in event planning communications or relevant duties;
· Public speaking and presentation skills required;
· Excellent telephone manner;
· Experience using Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.);
· Ability to take initiative and work independently while managing multiple priorities;
· Excellent organizational, time management and research skills;
· Experience working in the non-profit or education sector an asset.
· Experience working with the media an asset;
· Team player and demonstrated strong interpersonal and communications skills;
· Flexible and easily adapt to change.
This position may require travel (air and ground) within Canada.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
This is a contract position beginning immediately and ending on December 31, 2018 with potential for extension. The salary will be $40,000 to $43,000 yearly less applicable statutory deductions pro-rated to the length of the contract.
Historica Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of Language Proficiency
High level of bilingualism is required comprehension, oral and written (English and French)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter in a single PDF or Microsoft Word Document with your full name and the position as the file name. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Interviews may be arranged before the deadline. Interested candidates should submit their application no later than July 24, 2018 5:00 PM EST to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to this posting in the subject line. Successful candidates will be contacted directly. Phone calls or solicitations from agencies and candidates will not be accepted.