HIV Retention and Adherence Care Coordinator
- Job posted by Callen-Lorde Community Health Center of New York City
356 West 18th Street
Callen-Lorde is seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as the Retention and Adherence Program Care Coordinator (RAP CC). The RAP CC will provide direct supervision to the RAP Specialists and Peers, including but not limited to: staff scheduling; providing weekly supervision; covering patient sessions for staff as needed; managing the RAP Specialists’ caseloads; consulting with staff on benefits support or patient concerns; providing performance feedback; and performing regular chart reviews. The RAP CC will also implement and direct quality improvement projects for the program. The RAP CC will review all documentation to assure the RAP is being implemented as funded. This candidate will also work closely with the Population Health team to ensure the appropriate data entry workflows are being followed as per the RAP contract.
Callen-Lorde’s main site in Chelsea is open Monday through Saturday. This position may require travel between Callen-Lorde’s sites in Chelsea and in the Bronx. This is a full-time position that will require morning, daytime and evening shifts. Salary will be based on experience and will be accompanied by a comprehensive package including an exceptional benefits package.
Qualifications, Personal Characteristics, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Experience supervising staff and/or being a team leader
- 3+ years’ experience in social services, case management and/or entitlements work; specifically with TGNC, LGB, and HIV-affected communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), transmission risks, and risk reduction theory.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, including but not limited to: communities of color, immigrant communities, TGNC and LGB communities, people living with SPMI diagnoses, and people with addiction histories.
- Ability to remain calm, focused, and helpful under stress.
- Ability to work within team-based structure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, time manage, and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer competency, including knowledge of MS Office programs, internet-based research, and capacity to work with Electronic Medical Records and Computerized Appointment/Billing Programs.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center.
No cost medical plan option for you, your domestic partner and/or your family, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, tuition assistance, TransitChek, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan.
Minimum Education Required