Founded in 1950, St. Anthony’s provides food, clothing, shelter, medical care, technology access, addiction recovery services, job training, and other critical resources to people experiencing homelessness and extreme poverty. Every day, with dignity and respect, we support and are supported by thousands of San Franciscans. Join us in creating a future where all people flourish.
Reporting to the Associate Development Director, the Annual Fund Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive annual fund program designed to broaden St. Anthony Foundation’s donor base, build donor relationships and engagement in the organization, and increase overall financial support of the organization’s annual fund, which raises in excess of Four (4) million annually. Responsibilities include managing a targeted, multi-approach direct mail program, email campaigns, analysis of donor data and gift trends, administering a follow-up program, participating in special giving days (i.e. #GivingTuesday), and promptly acknowledging all annual fund donations.
This position shares responsibilities in all fundraising efforts on behalf of St. Anthony’s in accordance with our Statement of Values and Strategic Plan initiatives. The Annual Fund Manager must demonstrate in their performance, adherence to established policies and procedures exhibiting the defined characteristics associated with attendance and punctuality.
- Manage the Annual Fund program, which includes developing and managing direct mail and email appeals, mass solicitation, cultivation materials, annual reports, and donor correspondence in collaboration with the Development and Communications team. Develop and manage annual budgets for these programs.
- Collaborate with Development and Communications staff to plan and execute our major fundraising appeals during Spring, Fall, and December Holidays, as well as special campaigns throughout the year.
- Work with the Development team to identify, cultivate and steward annual and mid-range donors ($5000-$9999), grow our annual donor base, and steward and grow our monthly donor program, Champions of Hope.
- Coordinate with the Development Associate as part of the management of timely donor acknowledgments, including regular updates of content for printed and electronic correspondence. Ensure prompt response to donor requests for information and acknowledgments.
- Collaborate with Data Operations team to leverage analytics and tools to improve donor retention, upgrades and acquisition; and list segmentation.
- Oversee a “New Donor Welcome Campaign” that welcomes first time donors into our community.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports or presentations to the Chief Development Officer and Associate Development Director. These may be presented to the St. Anthony’s Board of Directors, its Development Committee and, as appropriate, to internal groups.
- Stay updated on funding trends and projections. Implement integrated and innovative processes that support annual giving income goals.
- Serve as a member of the Development management team and participate in selected program and other job related internal meetings.
- BA or equivalent work experience.
- Five years’ experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization with emphasis on annual giving planning and management.
- Proven track record of successful annual giving strategies.
- Experience working in social services desired.
- Excellent written communication skills: must be a meticulous editor with sensitivity to nuances of language; ability to develop strong case for support. Knowledge of or experience in applying trauma-informed care or asset framing principles to appeals/content is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines, exercise good judgment, delegate appropriately and motivate others.
- The ideal candidate is a great relationship builder and understands how to motivate donors and internal stakeholders.
- Thrives in team environment and works collaboratively.
- Ability to effectively develop and manage budgets and resources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is required.
- Expertise in development database software, Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
- Adheres to guidelines of St. Anthony’s Safety Program.
- Available to work on selected holidays, weekends, and evenings, in turn with other staff.
- Commitment to the St. Anthony's Statement of Values and mission to feed, heal shelter clothe, lift the spirits of those in need and create a society in which all persons flourish.