1299 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Empowering leaders at the national and community level is critical for our social movement. The Events Manager will have the responsibility of helping build these relationships through a series of engagements – from small roundtable discussions to large, townhall in-person and digital events. Recent examples include:
- Six regional executive roundtables with leaders such as: former Senate Majority Leader, Bill Frist (R-TN); Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI); Arnie Milstein, MD, Professor of Medicine and Director, Clinical Excellence Research Center at Stanford University; Nancy Brown, CEO, American Heart Association; Mark Ganz, CEO, Cambia Health Solutions, and Peggy Maguire, Board Chair, Cambia Health Foundation
- A series of digital roundtables on the Zoom platform on community organizing, care delivery models, policy advocacy, other.
- Annual National Summit of 400 leaders that focuses on assessing progress, exchanging ideas, and building partnerships. Check out the highlight reel from 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBupcb7Ew08
Still interested? Here are the details:
The Events Manager is responsible for marketing and executing C-TAC’s various in-person and digital events. The position works closely with staff across the organization and reports to the Executive Director.
The Manager will be responsible for creating annual national and regional programs; work with the communications team on marketing of events; coordinate different aspects of C-TAC’s annual Summit, produce member events on a state and regional basis, and create content for ongoing series of digital events.
● Lead planner for C-TAC’s National Summit on Advanced Illness Care and other large in-person events
● Organize series of high-level executive roundtables with member organizations across the country
● Development digital marketing collateral
● Maintain an accurate sponsor tracker for various events, managing data collection and application
● Manage relationships with event vendors, exhibitors, sponsors and consultants
● Other program support as needed
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, political science, or related field
● Two to four years of documented, relevant experience
● Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and commitment to providing high quality work with a service-oriented approach with an emphasis on maintaining key member, board, supplier and prospect relationships.
● Superior research and writing skills
● Ability to work as an active, contributing member of multiple teams
● Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign) preferred
● Demonstrated expertise in utilizing social media, internet based communication applications and the capacity to learn and adapt to new communication platforms.
Please send a cover letter and resume to info@theCTAC.org with “Events Manager” in the subject line.
Health and dental included. Four weeks vacation + two weeks sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send 1 page resume/CV + 3 examples of event experience