Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
About Jericho Project
Jericho Project is a nationally-acclaimed nonprofit ending homelessness at its roots by enabling homeless individuals and families to attain quality housing, employment and mental and physical health services. The 34-year-old nonprofit serves over 2,500 individuals, including 700 veterans, annually. Jericho has been a key partner in New York City’s initiative to end veterans’ homelessness, and is leading bold, innovative strategies to do the same for families and young adults.
Our programs touch four cornerstones of a person’s life: housing, employment, wellness and family stability. We create a culture of “moving on” through a foundation of housing and supportive services provided by expert program specialists and case managers. We have over 400 units of supportive housing including 8 residences in the Bronx and Harlem, as well as scatter-site apartments throughout NYC.
About the Position
The Jericho Project is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join its team as a full-time Case Manager at its Scatter Site and Fordham Village programs. The Case Manager will carry a caseload of 10-20 cases and provide direct services to veterans, including those who were formerly homeless with histories of substance abuse and those atrisk of homelessness at the Fordham Village location as well as non-veterans at the Scatter Site.
- Develop and periodically update a service plan.
- Provide individual and group supportive counseling.
- Provide advocacy and education regarding entitlements and benefits.
- Provide Crisis Management Interventions as needed.
- Help residents conform to the requirements of their lease and house rules.
- Assist tenants with the development of independent living skills.
- Participate in the recruitment intake and orientation for tenants.
- Help identify resources in the community for tenants.
- Comply with charting requirements and data collections as mandated by funding sources.
- Refer tenants to internal and external resources such as substance abuse treatment, health care and vocational counseling.
- Input and maintain documentation of tenant engagement in the ECM system.
- Provide case management services, as necessary, to low-income tenants from the community.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in areas of homelessness and substance abuse.
- Candidate must possess superior written and verbal skills.
- Must be computer literate
- Experience working with veterans a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Jericho Project offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and with salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
Jericho Project Job Code: Case Manager, Scatter Site/Fordham Village
245 W. 29th Street, Suite 902
New York, NY 10001
No Phone Calls Please.
Jericho Project is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.